Chile Cheesecake, A Mexican Cheesecake Recipe
Chile cheesecake, a Mexican cheesecake recipe. It's prepared in a springform pan like a cheesecake, it looks like a cheesecake, but its loaded up with southwestern ingredients, this appetizer served with tortilla chips is a unique and wonderful crowd pleasing recipe.
- 1 Cup crushed tortilla chips
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces fire roasted diced green chiles
- 1 fresh jalapeno cored, seeded and diced
- 4 ounces Colby cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 Cup sour cream
- For topping:
- 1/8 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/8 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 avocado chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In medium bowl, combine crushed tortilla chips and butter. Press into bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake 15 minutes, remove from oven, leaving oven on.
In large bowl, blend cream cheese and eggs. Add green chiles, jalapeno, Colby and Monterey Jack. Pour over crust and bake 30 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove from oven and cool in pan 5 minutes. Run knife around inside edge and remove sides from pan. Spread sour cream over top and decorate with tomatoes, green onions, olives and avocado. Serve with tortilla chips.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 385mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 872IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 1mg