Baked Ranch Style Eggs (Huevos Rancheros)
Baked Ranch Style Eggs, served with a warm flour tortilla, chopped avocado and Crockpot Cowboy Beans. Sprinkled with Cotija cheese and cilantro.
- 2 sweet onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 sweet orange bell peppers chopped
- 2 poblano peppers deveined, deseeded, chopped
- 2 T . olive oil or shortening
- 2 t . dried Mexican Oregano
- 1 t . cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large tomatoes chopped, or 2 cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/2 C . tomato paste
- 1/2 C . water or chicken broth
- 4 eggs
- 2 T . cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and rough chopped
- Cotijo cheese for garnish
Saute the onions, garlic, bell peppers and chiles in the oil until soft and golden. Add the oregano, cumin and salt/pepper to taste. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes and the tomato paste together with the water (or stock). Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens.
Pour the tomato sauce into a greased casserole dish and make 4 wells with the back of a spoon.
Break the eggs into the wells. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes or until eggs have cooked to desired doneness.
With a large soup spoon serve eggs/tomato sauce on a plate. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, crumbled creese, avocado slices and a warm flour tortilla.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 457mg | Potassium: 1396mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 3932IU | Vitamin C: 164mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 4mg