Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken
An absolutely delicious alternative to picking up a rotisserie chicken at the store. Easy and wonderful with flavor.
- For the Chicken:
- 3 - 4 pounds Whole Chicken
- 1 medium onion sliced into rings
- 1 whole Lemon quartered (optional)
- 1/2 cup Water or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Rosemary crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- Seasoning to sprinkle over chicken after it's placed the crockpot:
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
Combine all spices (garlic powder through chili powder) spices in small bowl. With your hands, loosen skin on chicken and distribute mixture evenly between meat and skin. Place lemon quarters in cavity of bird.
Place onion in bottom of slow cooker. Add water or stock. Top with chicken — breast side down — so that (chicken) is not coming in direct contact with the bottom of the cooker.
Sprinkle the paprika, salt and Old Bay over Chicken.
Cook 6-7 hours on ‘low’ setting, or 4-5 hours on ‘high’ setting.
With sides, this serves a family of five. (Strain and freeze the resulting stock, and make sure you treat yourself to the onions!)
Calories: 564kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 1734mg | Potassium: 539mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 997IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 3mg