Mexican Street Corn Dip
This dip gets its addicting flavor from caramelized sweet corn, zesty lime, spicy jalapeno and creamy mayo and Mexican Crema. A sprinkle of chile powder brings an earthy note to the combo.
- 4 cups corn kernels frozen or kernels from about 5 ears of corn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large jalapeno pepper top cut off, seeds and veins removed, and diced
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Mexican Crema or sour cream
- 1/2 cup Cotija Cheese crumbled, plus more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Chile Powder Ancho or New Mexico Red Chile powder
- lime zest from one half lime
- 1 lime juiced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Place corn in a bowl. Add olive oil and salt and pepper and toss to coat. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Distribute corn on the sheet pan. Cook 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cook until corn just starts to turn golden. Don't over cook corn or it will become too chewy. Fresh sweet corn browns sooner than frozen.
Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Once the corn is roasted and has cooled a bit, add the corn to this bowl and gently stir to combine flavors.
Adjust seasoning. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serve with a combination of blue and yellow corn tortilla chips.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 216IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg