Grilled Potatoes with Basil Mustard Vinaigrette
Grilled Red Potatoes with Basil Vinaigrette is a marriage made in food heaven.
- 2 pounds new red potatoes washed and scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup Basil Vinaigrette
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 ribs celery trimmed and fine chopped
- 1 bunch green onions thin sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
Place potatoes and salt in a large pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Heat over medium high heat until water just begins to boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook potatoes until tender but not completely cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium small potatoes. Drain potatoes in a colander and let cool to the touch. Slice potatoes in half and set aside.
Dice your celery and onions.
Prepare a medium heat either on a charcoal or gas grill. Or heat a large grill pan over medium beat. Brush grates with a thin layer of vegetable oil. Place potatoes on a bowl and pour in a little oil and toss to just coat the potatoes. Place the potatoes, cut side down on grill. Cook until dark grill marks develop, about 3 - 4 minutes. Using tongs, flip potatoes and cook until golden brown and cooked through, another 3 - 4 minutes.
In the meantime add the diced celery, onions and basil vinaigrette to the bowl that you tossed the potatoes in the oil. Transfer the cooked potatoes to this bowl and gently toss until mixed. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Place in a serving bowl, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Want to make your own Basil Mustard Vinaigrette?
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fine minced garlic
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar (white balsamic would work well here)
- seasoned salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Place mustard in a medium sized bowl
- Add 1 teaspoon of garlic and 1/3 cup of Balsamic vinegar. Whisk this all together.
- Next add a little bit of a seasoned salt.
- Add the 1/3 cup of olive oil and whisk well.
- Stir in the chopped basil
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 1340mg | Potassium: 748mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 1mg