Grilled Chicken Wilted Salad
Grilled Chicken Wilted Salad is a super easy and super flavorful weeknight dinner idea. A splash of red wine vinegar, a sprinkle of olives and pine nuts and you've got a very healthy chicken spinach salad.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 medium onion halved lengthwise, cut into thin wedges
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary fresh, crushed, or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup olives sliced, pitted Kalamata works good here
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted, or slivered almonds, toasted
Heat indoor electric grill or grill pan over medium heat.
In a bowl combine chicken and onions. Toss with two tablespoons of the olive oil, rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and salt.
Grill chicken and onions on grill rack or in grill pan for ten minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F, and onions are tender, turning once.
Meanwhile, for dressing, in a saucepan combine juice; vinegar; and remaining olive oil, pepper and salt. Bring juice mixture just to boiling; remove from heat. Place spinach, olives, pine nuts, chicken, and onions in an extra-large salad bowl; toss to combine. Pour warm dressing over salad mixture. Toss lightly. Cover salad with a large plate for one to two minutes or just until spinach is wilted. Remove plate. Serve immediately. Makes six servings.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 656mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5370IU | Vitamin C: 18.4mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2.3mg