You can’t lose with a grilled cheese sandwich. It’s happiness, it’s comfort food and it’s easy. How about this Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Gruyere and White Truffle Butter! A unique and decadent version.
Thanks to Epicurean Butters for providing me with product to create this gourmet grilled cheese sandwich with their White Truffle Butter.
I’ve had this grilled cheese idea in my head for months, using Epicurean Butter’s White Truffle Butter with some creamy gruyere cheese. And man-oh-man I have to admit, this turned out to be decadent. All you need is your cast iron skillet, and a loaf of Sheepherder’s bread, and of course some Epicurean butter and cheese.
Crispy, buttery and filled with creamy melted gruyere. It’s perfect. And even more perfect when served next to a bowl of Southwestern Fire Roasted Cream of Tomato Soup.
The loot. I’m going to have so much fun cooking with all of these flavored finishing butters.
I’ve been buying Epicurean Butters for years. These sweet and savory finishing butters add flavor to grilled steaks, seafood, vegetables, and pasta.
I find their flavor combinations devilishly clever and what’s even better is that it’s a Denver based company. It’s so rewarding to support a local. And congratulations to Epicurean Butters for being selected as part of the O List. Yes, that O as in O Magazine.
Crispy Melty Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Gruyere and White Truffle Butter
- 8 slices White Bread
- 1 container Epicurean White Truffle Butter
- 4 thick slices Gruyere Cheese
- Lay out slices of bread. Coat each slice with Epicurean White Truffle Butter. Turn the slices over and places slices of Gruyere cheese on 4 slices of the unbuttered side of bread. Place the non buttered side of bread over the cheese.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Place the sandwiches buttered side down in the hot skillet. Cook until nice and golden brown. Checking it every 30 seconds with a spatula by lifting the corner of each sandwich. When golden brown, flip the sandwiches and cook until done.
Epicurean Butter Featured as One of Oprah’s Favorite ThingsDenver-based butter manufacturer featured in the national magazine for new Finishing Butter 3-Packs, which are ideally delicious for summertime grilling.Denver, Colo. (August 14, 2017) – Epicurean Butter, producer of sweet and savory finishing butters, announced that the company’s new Finishing Butter 3-Packs featuring a variety of flavors have made the “O List” of the O Magazine August issue.The O List is a monthly collection of some of Oprah and her editorial staff’s favorite items. Epicurean Butter appeared on page 49 of the magazine and appears in the online edition.“Epicurean Butter got its start 13 years ago, back when you had to explain how to use finishing butter to consumers,” said Janey Hubschman, Epicurean Butter Co-Founder. “Today, things are much different. It’s not just chefs who value high-quality, flavorful butters, consumers do too. The feature in O Magazine is proof of that.”
The 3-packs are now available in the Epicurean Butter online shop. There are three different sets offered including:
- Seafood Finishing Butter 3-Pack
- Included flavors: Chili Lime, Lemon Garlic Herb and Tuscan Herb
- Steak Finishing Butter 3-Pack
- Included flavors: Roasted Garlic Herb, Black Truffle and White Truffle
- Corn-on-the-Cob Finishing Butter 3-Pack
Included flavors: Organic Roasted Garlic & Herb, Sea Salt & Black Pepper and Chili Lime
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Gruyere … It’s what’s for Dinner