Lighter in calories and fat than beef, and so moist in texture. Give these ground chicken breast Thai Chicken Sliders a try.
You can serve these tasty little patties over greens, or wrap them in beautiful little butter lettuce leaves. I’ll take slider buns, thank you ver much.
I decided to turn these flavorful chicken patties into Thai chicken sliders, simply using sweet Chile Sauce for the condiment.
Here’s what cool about these these little patties
- They stay nice and moist with the addition of grated zucchini and carrot.
- They are deliciously flavored with ginger, onion, cilantro, and lime.
- I have to admit, as much as I like beef burgers, these are a refreshing break.
More Burger Recipes You Might Like
Thai Chicken Burgers
Lighter in Calories and Fat than beef, and so moist in texture. Give these ground chicken breast Thai Chicken Sliders a try.Print Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 pound ground chicken meat breast meat or breast and thigh combined
- 1/2 large white onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup zucchini grated and drained
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced (I used a mild variety with no heat)
- 2 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce I use the Trader Joe’s brand
- 12 slider buns
- Grilled outside or on a cast iron grill pan indoors, allow them to create a sear on one side before turning.
- Combine all ingredients. The mix will be a little soft. Chill in the refrigerator while the grill or pan heat up.
- Heat your pan to medium/high heat. Take out the meat mixture and scoop with a muffin scoop for uniform patties. Brush your grill lightly with vegetable oil, place patties on the grill and gently flatten with a spatula. They should be about 1/2″ thick. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until you achieve clear grill marks. Place on a baking pan and finish off for 5-8 minutes in a 350 degree oven so they will cook all the way through. Cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve.
- Serve over a big salad or wrap in a lettuce leaf or make them as sliders. Dip in sweet chili dipping sauce for an extra flavor kick, or if making sliders, drizzle the chili sauce over the patty as a condiment.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 942IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @lannisam or tag #CookingOnTheRanch!
Thai Chicken Sliders …It’s What’s for Dinner.
Kevin L. says
Amazing! I made them as meatballs and they were delicious. You do think “hey, the mixture isn’t firm enough” but you are mistaken. If I were to adjust anything I would slightly up the cilantro, ginger and use some lime juice in addition to the zest. Because they are delicate and soft the sear on the outside is super important. And to all the cooks out there, try the recipe first and then leave a comment. I’m a little tired of reading “Wow, this looks great…I’ll have to try it.”