A sweet and tangy sauce makes this Pineapple Chicken Recipe a wonderful dinner treat. Easy and healthy using chicken breast all you need is a fresh veggie and rice to make a quick delish dinner.
Just a quick post for a recipe I’ve had for a long time. Tangy Pineapple Chicken.
I’ve felt a little overwhelmed this past week. Extreme worries with my mom, long work hours, a small home remodeling project, three lost sales (which I took personally and hardly ever do), paint chip decisions, a dog throwing up all day, an exhausting full day trade show in downtown Denver, a failed Dish Network converter box during Dancing With The Stars, a mild backache all culminating into a quick “I can’t do anything right” burst into tears small fit breakdown. Follow that up with a big comforting bear hug from Bob, my favorite go-to quick middle of the week recipe and I was good to go.
And ladies don’t you agree, that the quick minute and a half “burst into tears” can be so cleansing? It’s out, it’s over, we move on…let’s cook.
Please don’t get out your violin because then you wouldn’t have enough hands to copy and paste this recipe into your database.
I’ve had this recipe for years. I’m not sure where it came from but it does seem a little “Taste of Home-ish“. I’ve changed it up a bit from the original and it’s really really good with a nice combination of flavors. Sweet and tangy.
It’s best served over hot cooked white rice, but when I’ve had my quota of “white” for the week, a side of green vegetables or a small tossed salad works just fine.
Here’s this sooooo good recipe. Adding Dijon Mustard to this pineapple sauce for chicken elevates this sweet dish to an all new devilish level. This is one of our favorites.
Tangy Pineapple Chicken Recipe
I hope you give this Chicken Breast recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite chicken and pineapple recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Looking for more Chicken Breast Dinner Ideas? You won’t want to miss:
- Chorizo Chile Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Yucatan Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Creamy Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts Cut horizontally to make cutlets
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 clove garlic -- minced
- Rice -- cooked
- Return chicken to pan top with a few of the pineapple chunks and heat thoroughly. Serve over rice.
- Cook rice, and keep warm.
- Cut chicken into cutlets and pound gently with flat side of meat mallet to even out the thickness. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and heat until hot. Add seasoned chicken breast and sautee until browned. Turning once. Cook about 3 minutes per side.
- Drain pineapple reserving the juice. Combine cornstarch and 4 Tablespoons pineapple juice until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine mustard, honey, garlic and remaining pineapple juice; mix well. Add the mustard mixture to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan; bring to boil for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to pan, top with a few of the pineapple chunks and heat thoroughly. Serve over rice.
Tangy Pineapple Chicken … It’s what’s for Dinner