This zesty Roasted Tomatillo Green Olive Guacamole is best served with the cool crunch of jicama and radish. But don’t you dare forget those tortilla chips.
Looking for an interesting twist on Guacamole? Traditional guacamole is so delicious that I have to admit I found it difficult to add odd ingredients in order to try a different version. But this one turned out to be a surprisingly tasty addition to my Mexican dinner.
It was my idea to put the green pimento-stuffed olives on top and we thought it complimented and even added more tangy zest to the overall flavor.
Guacamole gets a kick of tangy flavor by mixing in some Roasted Tomatillo Salsa.
And if you’re looking for new ideas for guacamole, take a look at this version of guacamole, BLT Spicy Guacamole Recipe
Roasted Tomatillo Sauced Green Olive Guacamole
- 3 large ripe Hass avocados
- 1/2 Cup tomatillo salsa
- 1/4 Cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- Tortilla chips sliced radishes and jicima for serving
- sliced olives for garnish
- Salt about 1/2 teaspoon
- Cut each avocado in half by slicing straight down through that spot where the stem was attached until you reach the pit. Then rotate the knife all the way around the pit. Twist the two halves apart and take out the pit. With a spoon, scoop out the soft flesh from the skins, collecting it in a large bowl as you go. Coarsely mash with the spoon (you could use an old-fashioned potato masher or large fork).
- Gently stir the salsa into the avocado mixture, along with the cilantro. Taste and season with salt. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- Top with the sliced green olives and serve with tortilla chips, or sliced cucumber, radish and jicama.
Happy New Year To Everyone and look forward to seeing what on your New Year’s Eve Celebration Table.
Roasted Tomatillo Sauced Green Olive Guacamole …It’s What’s For Jicima And Radishes…and chips