This is a recipe for Chicken Cutlets with Raspberries from the Silver Palate Cookbook. It uses low fat chicken breast cutlets and is simply topped with an easy mouthwatering raspberry sauce flavored with raspberry vinegar. A light dusting of flour keeps the chicken breast moist and tender as it cooks. If you’re looking for simple healthy chicken dinner recipes, this could become your go-to.
This chicken was a spur of the moment dinner decision after browsing through one of my favorite cookbooks, The Silver Palate. We’re big fan of chicken cutlets and a couple of our favorite recipes are Chicken Cutlets with Cherry Tomato Cumin Vinaigrette. and Chicken Cutlets with Jalapeno Orange Sauce and Black Beans. And if you’re looking for super easy, I found this recipe over at Fifteen Spatulas for 15 minute Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets. Chicken Cutlets are easier to cook than larger full chicken breasts and easier to to keep tender and moist.
Both Bob and I gave this recipe a big thumbs up and it will become a regular recipe in our dinner rotation plan. It’s easier than easy and big on the flavor scale. My photo shows this served with sauteed Asparagus spears with orange pistachio sauce. Note to self, these chicken cutlets would also be a perfect pairing for Grilled Potatoes with Basil Mustard Vinaigrette, or one of our favorite side dishes, Mediterranean Oven Roasted Broccoli.
Why this recipe works:
- This recipe is quick and easy enough for a weeknight dinner. Plus you’ll feel like you’re dining at a fancy restaurant.
- Dusting the chicken cutlets with a light layer of flour before frying keeps the chicken moist and tender for a juicy satisfying end result.
- Thin chicken cutlets cook quickly and so are not prone to dry out.
- The raspberry sauce is fresh, simple and pure, yielding a beautiful raspberry flavor.
- You can use fresh or frozen raspberries.
What Are Boneless Chicken Cutlets?
They are simply boneless skinless chicken breasts that are sliced horizontally and then pounded or pressed to an even thickness. Cutting them this way makes them thin and very easy to season and cook.
Recipe for Silver Palate Chicken Cutlets with Raspberries
I hope you give this chicken cutlet recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating. Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite chicken cutlet recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
This is a recipe for Chicken Cutlets with Raspberries from the Silver Palate Cookbook. It uses low fat chicken breast cutlets and is simply topped with an easy mouthwatering raspberry sauce flavored with raspberry vinegar
- 6 whole chicken breasts 12 halves skinned, boned and pounded thin
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper and dust each cutlet with flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium high heat. Sauce the chicken, a few pieces at a time in the butter just until browned on each side. Remove to a warmed serving platter.
Pour the vinegar and wine into the pan to delegaze. Stir in the raspberries and cook over high heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Save a few fresh raspberries for garnish.