Smoked Salmon, it’s not just for crackers, take a look at this Smoked Salmon Pasta with Dill. And those olives add a great zing.
For this week’s Salmon Saturday, I turned to a package of Honey Smoked Salmon that we always seem to have in the refrigerator.
We pick it up at Costco and usually just serve it on crackers with horseradish sauce and cheddar cheese for an appetizer or light lunch. I grabbed a sack of whole grain farfalle from the pantry and used some produce that I had on hand and ended up with a pretty darn tasty dinner.
I simply mixed together some mayonnaise with some lemon juice and lemon zest. Added some salt and pepper and chopped dill.
I chopped and sauteed some Vidalia onions and a red bell pepper in some olive oil and stirred those in to the mayonnaise combination.
My last visit to Costco, I found these Mezzetta Castelvetrano olives and quickly grabbed a jar. When I Googled the company for the link, I learned that it’s run by the fourth generation of Mezzetta family members and their olives are grown in California. I love Castelvetrano olives and am feeling very smug to have a nice big jar to snack on.
After carefully folding in the cooked pasta and salmon into the mayonnaise sauce, I sliced a few up of the olives and they provided a perfect zing to finish off this Summer pasta salad.
Salmon Sense: Omega-3 improves the electrical properties of cells present in heart and is also defensive against abnormal heart rhythms.
Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad With Dill
- 1 pound whole grain farfalle pasta
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon cut into chunks
- 1 small Vidalia Onion sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 Cup green olives sliced
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- In the meantime saute bell pepper and onion until soft. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, zest, and chopped dill until combined. Fold in the cooked onion, pepper and the sliced olives.
- Pour over the pasta, sprinkle in the chunks of smoked salmon and gently combine. Serve immediately.
Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad with Dill…It’s What’s for Salmon Saturday.