An easy and unique Salami Appetizer Recipe. Slices of Salami are baked into chips and served with Grainy Mustard Sauce for dipping. Completely jam-packed with flavor.
Last Friday found me in the kitchen preparing and arranging a counter full of assorted appetizers. We had invited our friends Greg and Maralee over. Our purpose was to share a wonderful bottle of wine that they gave me for a retirement gift. That bottle was Freemark Abbey Cabernet Sauvignon 2012. And you bet…it was remarkable. Nothing like a big California Cab.
I decided earlier I wasn’t in the mood for a formal sit down dinner, so had announced we’d be snacking for dinner.
Don’t you love to eat that way sometimes? Picking, choosing, dipping, building your own little towers of cheese, crackers and meat?
Salami Chips, A Unique Salami Appetizer
Although I will happily eat a slice of salami solo, or on a cracker, or on a slice of cheese on a cracker…I was compelled to take perfectly wonderful slices of dry salami, bake them and then dip them into this exciting sauce of two different mustards and mayonnaise.
Salami Appetizer, Salami Chips
The result? Pure excitement. This salami appetizer somewhat reminds one of jerky in texture, but much easier to eat, and the sauce with the two mustards is a wonderful compliment to the salty meat.
And did I mention this was so darn easy to make? Next time you’re hosting a wine tasting party, or hosting a football crowd consider this baked salami appetizer.
I hope you give this salami appetizer recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And if you have a favorite salami appetizer recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Popular Easy Appetizer Recipes
Salami Appetizer Chips with Grainy Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Grainy mustard
- 8 ounces salami thin sliced
- For the Grainy Mustard dip, in a small serving bowl stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon-style mustard, and grainy mustard. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 15x10x1-inch baking pans with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set 2 oven racks at the center-most positions.
- Lay the salami slices out in a single layer in the baking pans. Bake until they are evenly browned and rigid, about 9-15 minutes. Depending upon thickness of salami. Transfer to paper towels to drain and cool. The salami will crisp further as it cools.
- Arrange the salami chips in a bowl or on a plate, with the dip alongside.
Salami Appetizer Chips with Grainy Mustard Sauce…It’s What’s for an Appetizer.