A beautiful crunchy Fall pear salad. Easy to make and a great side dish for any Fall entree.
My beloved Mac Book Pro fell ill a few weeks ago, so off to the Apple store for repair. Back home, and in just a few minutes, it started to go haywire again, so back it went. Ipad, I love ya, but you’re no replacement for a full blown computer. You’re rather rascally to type a post on, but with a blog deadline upon us, you’ll do in a pinch. Wait a minute? Where’s the card reader to upload a photo?
Enough of my sad story… I’ve been on a pear/blue cheese snack binge for a couple of months, and it seems I can’t get enough of this sweet juicy fruit and have even recently declared it my favorite.
This recipe reminded me of an apple salad that my mom used to make, so couldn’t resist giving it a try. Mayonnaise and celery and beautiful crunchy chunks of pear…yes please. Bob and I loved the creaminess, the crunchiness and the sweet/savory flavor combination of this wonderful salad. This has been saved in my database for a side dish to enjoy time and time again. Thank you Suzanne for this recipe.
Fresh Crispy Pear Salad
- 3 Pears cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/4 cup mixed Dried Fruit such as raisins, currants, cherries
- 1/8 cup sliced Almonds toasted
- 1 stalk Celery split and chopped into 1/4″ pieces
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked Black Pepper
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Combine pears, dried fruit, almonds and celery in a medium sized bowl. In another bowl, add ingredients for dressing and whisk smooth. Pour over fruit and stir gently until all ingredients are completely incorporated. Chill for about an hour before serving.
Fresh Crispy Pear Salad …It’s what’s for a Side Dish.