Goat Cheese, Boursin and Flour Tortillas make these Pastrami Cheese Appetizer Bites an easy and popular appetizer for any party.
Already starting to think about appetizer season? The deluge is almost upon us. Following Thanksgiving, there will Holiday Party after Holiday party.
After Christmas we’ll be gathering for New Year’s Eve, and then the mother lode of snacking, Super Bowl. Let’s take a look at these pastrami cream cheese bites.
I made this pastrami appetizer for two reasons: One, we were invited over to Greg and Cauleen’s for Halloween dinner and my assignment was an appetizer. And two, I saw a beautiful smoked salmon appetizer over at Recipe Tin Eats that I had to try immediately.
One problem, I arrived at the market only to find that twelve ounces of smoked salmon would ring up at about $27.00.
Most times I could live with that indulgence, but the truth is, my cart already contained $40 of premium short ribs for dinner. Long story short, those ribs left me feeling cheap. Why not recreate the recipe with pastrami?
I crossed my fingers hoping it would work. But wait, there’s more… They turned out delicious and everyone raved. Probably slightly fussier to make and a nod to pastrami cream cheese roll ups, we loved these.
Just make sure you refrigerate before cutting into squares. This will let the cheese set up for easier slicing.
With the strong flavor of pastrami, Boursin and Goat Cheese make a great pairing for a tasty small bite. Soft and creamy, here’s the recipe for this easy, make-ahead and tasty pastrami appetizer.
More Popular Cheese Appetizer Recipes
And if you’re looking for more appetizer recipes, don’t miss my Appetizer Category. You’ll find lots of party appetizer recipes, including the most popular on my site for this easy Smoked Salmon Platter.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
Pastrami Cheese Appetizer Bites
- 4 ounces Boursin cheese room temperature
- 4 ounces goat cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 12 ounces thin deli sliced pastrami
- 3 inch nine soft flour tortillas
- In a bowl, mix the cheese and the sour cream together.
- Lay out one flour tortilla and spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture on tortilla. Try to get it in the shape of a square as much as you can, because once this is built, you’re going to cut the round edges off to make a square.
- Then top with half the sliced pastrami.
- Spread the next tortilla with some of the butter, and place the butter side down on the pastrami.
- Spread remaining cheese mixture on top of the 2nd tortilla. Top with remaining pastrami. Butter 3rd tortilla and place butter side down onto 2nd layer of pastrami.
- Take a cutting board and press down lightly to smooth the stack and to help form and set the stack.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours so the cheese will set.
- Remove from refrigerator and on a flat surface use a serrated knife to trim edges to make a square.
- Using the serrated knife, in a gentle sawing motion, cut into 6 or 7 strips, then into squares. Serve with toothpicks.
Pastrami Appetizer Bites … It’s what’s for a Party.
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.