Shrimp and Noodles. With a salty citrus sauce combined with sweet shrimp and cilantro, the flavors work very well here. And the addition of red pepper flakes really BAM it up. Love the combination of flavors here. Let’s take a look:
And you won’t want to miss this easy recipe for Asian Noodles with Ground Pork and Asian Sauce.
- 1/2 pound Egg Noodles
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoon teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest plus the juice from one lime
- 6 - 8 Shrimp per person
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- Lime wedges for serving
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine 2 T. of the oil with the soy, teriyaki and agave syrup. When noodles are cooked and drained, toss them in the sauce, cover and let marinate while you:
- Heat 1 T. of the oil in a skillet. Add shallots and cook over moderate heat stirring until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes Transfer shallots to a paper towel and in same oil add the garlic and cook over low heat until fragrant and just turning gold (about 2 minutes). Transfer garlic to the paper towel.
- Meanwhile combine the lime juice with zest and remaining oil and toss with the de-tailed, de-veined shrimp. Season with a little salt and then saute the shrimp in the same oil until done.
- Arrange noodles in large pasta bowls. Sprinkle with the scallions, garlic, cilantro and some crushed red pepper to taste. Arrange the shrimp on top, lime wedges along side.
Good to the last drop.
Sweet and Spicy Shrimp and Noodles…
It’s What’s for Dinner.