Moroccan Potato Salad is light, fresh and exciting with flavor. Served warm, or at room temperature. Sliced potatoes and slices of roasted chicken breast come alive with a savory lemon dressing.
This recipe smacked us right between the running lights. And quite honestly we didn’t even see it coming.
We wanted something light, fresh and exciting, so I took my usual search routes and combed through my Pinterest Boards and browsed salad recipes on Food and Wine. Thanks to Food and Wine Magazine, exciting is exactly what we got.
I’ve learned over the past few years that any recipe with the word “Moroccan” in it will produce a flavorful end result.
This all started when I purchased my tagine and introduced myself to the cuisine. My first experience with lamb, preserved lemon and olives caught our attention in a large way and I’ll never pass by a Moroccan recipe again without further investigation.
This salad is served warm, or at room temperature. Sliced potatoes and slices of roasted chicken breast come alive with a savory lemon dressing of cumin, paprika, ginger and oregano. I found some beautiful Yukon gold potatoes at Whole Foods that were fresh and sweet. Exotic in flavor, each bite is a treat.
So with that said, I’m off to plan my holiday menu, which will more than likely include a batch of my All-American mayo laden Classic Potato Salad recipe. What are your culinary plans for this upcoming holiday weekend?
Recipe For Moroccan Potato Salad with Chicken and Olives
I hope you give this recipe for Moroccan Potato Salad a try. And if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite Moroccan recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
- 1 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes about 5
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- piece thump sized of fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 in bone- skin on chicken breasts, roasted
- 1/2 sweetonion chopped fine
- 1/3 cup black olives such as Kalamata, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- leaves Red-leaf lettuce for serving
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Coat the chicken with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Roast chicken until done, about 30-40 minutes.. Remove from oven, and when cool enough to handle, cut the chicken into 1/4-inch slices.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a medium saucepan with salted water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook at a gentle boil until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes. When they are cool enough to handle, peel the potatoes and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a small glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, cumin, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the ginger, and the oregano. Whisk in 6 tablespoons of the oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm potatoes with half of the dressing. Add the chicken, onion, olives, parsley, and the remaining dressing and toss.
- Serve over red leaf lettuce leaves.
Moroccan Potato Salad with Chicken and Olives…It’s what’s for Dinner.