Kale and White bean soup is as delicious as it is healthy. If you’ve got a can of beans, you’ve got a meal. Just add kale, carrots and your favorite spices and dinner is ready in a flash.
Kale and White Bean Soup was an easy dinner during this past week of hectic Christmas planning, shopping, parties, gift wrapping, decorating…such a busy time of year. This soup was also a welcome healthy, brothy and savory break from some of the rich sinful things we’ve been feasting on lately.
So how are your final days before Christmas shaping up? Still shopping for gifts? Have you finalized your Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menus? My house is decorated, gifts are all purchased and wrapped, Christmas movies are on the coffee table ready to watch, and I’m just now putting the final touches on my Christmas Day meal.
Christmas Eve will just be Bob and myself so I’m planning a one of our favorite appetizer recipes, Pear and Blue Cheese Crostini, and dinner will be a Grace Parisi recipe, Seafood Pan Roast that I found over at Food and Wine Magazine. I’ve made this before and we loved it.
Christmas Day, the kids will be here, so I’ve planned a smoked ham that I bought at Yoder Meats, which by the way the smoking technique and flavor of this ham won First Place at the Kansas State Fair this year. I’ll top it with a ham glaze recipe I found over at Noble Pig. I’m going to make a Potato Rosemary Strudel . There will be scalloped potatoes as a backup just in case the strudel goes south. Classic Cherries Jubilee for dessert.
I’m still looking for that perfect green vegetable. I can’t have my beloved Green Beans Bolognese, I had those for Thanksgiving. Any suggestions?
So there ya have it. Sounds like we need a healthy soup before the rich food hits the table. This Kale and White Bean soup is about as healthy as you can find.
Recipe for Kale And White Bean Soup
I hope you give this Kale and White Bean Soup recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite kale soup recipe or a soup recipe with white beans, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Soup Recipes with White Beans
- Award Winning White Bean Chili Recipe
- Great Northern Bean Soup with Bacon
- Ham and Beans
- Instant Pot Sausage and Beans
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @cookingontheranch so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Ultranutritious white bean soup recipe.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalk sliced and include a few celery leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 large cloves garlic chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2-15 cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch kale about 4 firmly packed cups, center ribs removed, leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to sprinkle on top grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a 4- to 5-quart pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and rosemary and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Add the tomato paste and garlic and cook until fragrant, 45 seconds. Add the broth, beans, and kale. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir the cider vinegar into the soup and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve and sprinkle with cheese.
Like White Beans in soups? Take a look at this one, it’ killer:
Kale and White Bean Soup…It’s What’s for Dinner.
From The Kitchen of Lea Ann Brown