Herbed Mashed Potatoes, my side dish for One Hour Roasted Lamb with Garlic Sherry and Thyme Au Jus. Parsley, thyme and marjoram are a beautiful compliment to buttery mashed potatoes.
Is there a more perfect and delicious side dish than creamy, fluffy, buttery mashed potatoes? So when I saw this recipe for mashed potatoes with herbs added, I said “why?”. Why would one ever fiddle with perfection?
I fiddled and will be inclined to fiddle in the future. These potatoes were tasty and I must admit it was a delicious pairing with the strong flavors of the lamb and broth. This was the side dish that Williams and Sonoma Complete Entertaining Guide suggested for the meal. I’ve really enjoyed owning this book. I’ve included an affiliate link if you’re interested in taking a look.
- 6 large Potatoes peeled
- 1 Cup milk
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Fresh parsley Chopped
- 2 teaspoons Fresh thyme Chopped
- 2 teaspoons Fresh marjoram Chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel and cube potatoes and boil until tender. Add remaining ingredients and mash until desired consistency.
Looking for more unique flavored mashed potato recipes? Take a look at this Southwestern version: