Grilled Shrimp Salad Recipe. With a citrus mint marinade, this is a beautifully delicious and healthy dinner idea. Tossed with avocado wedges tomato and red onion, you’ll want to make this over and over.
I hope you’re all having a fabulous fresh-produce Summer. I have to admit it’s always torture for me to see my blogging friends in warmer climates bite into a fresh peach weeks before ours are ready.
With our short growing season, Colorado fruits and vegetables are just now starting to show up in our markets. It’s the most wonderful time of the year…I’ll soon be talking about Rocky Ford melons, Colorado sweet corn and our famous Western Slope peaches.
For now, and with my very busy schedule, I’m finding it hard to find time to even sit down and write a blog post. I am, however, finding time for the kitchen and easy breezy Summer salads.
Fresh foods from far away have been a life saver, keeping me out of the fast food lanes. Avocados from Mexico, cherry tomatoes from California, red onions from Texas, Florida oranges and Gulf shrimp make this recipe perfect for a quick healthy meal. And with a surprise of hot sauce for the citrus dressing, it’s a keeper.
The recipe calls for saving a few of the orange wedges to toss in the salad. Where oh where are those wedges? I mean really … I’m not that busy…am I? The recipe is from Food and Wine, my go to for flavorful recipes.
Grilled Shrimp Salad Recipe with Avocado and Orange
More Grilled Shrimp Recipes
- Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Lime Chipotle Aioli
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Avocado and Orange
- Honey Balsamic Grilled Shrimp and White Bean Salad
- Grilled Shrimp Salad With Creamy Chipotle Dressing
- 2 oranges Navel
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 large shrimp shelled and deveined, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 2 Hass avocados cut into thin wedges
- Using a juicer, squeeze the orange juice into a small bowl. Whisk 1 teaspoon of the hot sauce into the strained juice with 1 tablespoon of the oil and the mint. Season with salt and pepper; add the shrimp and toss.
- In another bowl, combine the lime juice with the remaining 1/4 cup of oil and 1 teaspoon of hot sauce. Add the tomatoes, onion, cilantro and oregano, Season lightly with salt.
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Grill the shrimp over high heat for about 4 minutes, turning once or twice until lightly charred and cooked through. Transfer the shrimp to plates. Gently fold the avocados into the orange salad and serve alongside the shrimp.
Grilled Shrimp Salad with Avocado and Orange…It’s what’s for Summer.