This Easy, healthy Grilled Shrimp and White Bean Salad recipe is big on flavor with greens, white beans and an exciting vinaigrette. A salad you’ll want to make over and over again.
Shrimp is the star of this main course salad, the beans add a creamy texture and the honey balsamic vinaigrette brings it all together. Quick, easy and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
What caught my attention about this salad was the mixture of honey and water to coat the shrimp before cooking. And sure enough, it was delicious. I received a gift of some speciality Jalapeño White Balsamic Vinegar, and it worked wonderfully for this vinaigrette. I’ve included an affiliate link for your convenience, if you’re interested in taking a walk on the wild side. Plain White Balsamic vinegar will be just fine and just as delicious for this recipe.
I’ve always used my Le Creuset Indoor Grill Pan for this recipe rather than adding a smoky flavor from my out door grill.
What a great light dinner. Perfect for those days when we’ve been eating a little too many carbs. 🙂
Easy, healthy and delicious
- For the vinaigrette
- 1/4 Cup White Balsamic Vinegar Jalapeno flavored if you can find it
- 3/4 Cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- For the salad
- 2 cups loosely packed greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Can Great Northern beans 15.5-ounce, rinsed and drained well
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon water
- 24 peeled and deveined medium wild caught shrimp about 1 pound,
- Cooking spray
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a small jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well. Place greens, tomato halves, parsley and beans in a large salad bowl and toss with the vinaigrette.
- In a medium bowl combine honey and water and stir with a whisk. Add shrimp to the mixture and toss to coat. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and add to pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side, or until done. Serve with the salad.
- Alternately, if you don’t have a grill pan, you can sauté the shrimp in a non-stick pan with a little olive oil, following the cooking directions above
Looking for more healthy Shrimp and White Bean Salad Recipes? Take a look at:
Love a killer salad dressing vinaigrette recipes? You won’t want to miss:
Grilled Shrimp and White Bean Salad … It’s What’s for Dinner.