Steak Asparagus Salad is an elegant and hearty entree salad recipe. Grilled to perfection this salad is over the top with Hoisin vinaigrette. Full of flavor this hoisin dressing with ginger and Dijon is sure to impress anyone.
During the summer months, I cannot get my fill of lean meats, greens and fresh homemade vinaigrettes. Here’s another recipe for a flavorful dish with an exciting new dressing. Don’t let the length of this recipe scare you away, this salad packs bright flavor with minimal fuss.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Next time you’re having those friends over for dinner that never eat anything but healthy, and you want to impress them with something that’s elegant and so packed with flavor that they’ll be swooning – this is that recipe.
It’s a perfect grilled steak salad recipe for entertaining. Not only for the flavor, but it’s beautiful in color. With the delicate greens and the mango for color, give this a try next time you’ve asked guests over for dinner.
We think New York Strip is the best steak cut for a salad. Or a tenderloin. Don’t skimp on quality for this one.
Hoisin Vinaigrette for Steak Salad
You’re going to flip over this Hoisin Vinaigrette Recipe. With hoisin sauce, ginger and a good quality Dijon, it in itself is a fantastic find that you’ll want to use on any salad you’re tossing up this Summer. This one serves 4.
Recipe for Grilled Steak Asparagus Salad with Hoisin Vinaigrette
I hope you give this healthy Summer grilled steak asparagus salad recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
More Steak Salad Recipes
And you have an idea about how to use this Hoisin Vinaigrette, let me know.
An entree salad recipe with Grilled Steak and Asparagus. Full of flavor with an over the top new vinaigrette find. This hoisin dressing with ginger and Dijon is sure to impress anyone.
- Dry rub for the steak:
- 1/2 Tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- Kosher salt
- 1 Pound New York strip steak thick cut
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound thick asparagus trimmed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the vinaigrette
- 3 Tablespoons chicken broth
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For the salad
- 4 cups watercress or arugula
- 1 large mango peeled and slivered into thin wedges, or 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced into thick rounds
- 1/2 small red onion
- Daikon or radish sprouts for garnish or pea tendrils
- Prepare the steak and asparagus
- Put the peppercorns, coriander, fennel, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a spice grinder and grind to a fine powder. Coat the steak with 1/2 Tbs. of the olive oil and then the peppercorn mixture. Set aside for at least 30 minutes and up to 1-1/2 hours.
- Toss the asparagus with the remaining 1 Tbs. of olive oil and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and pulse 2 or 3 times to mix, adding more broth if necessary to achieve a silky consistency.
- Grill the steak and asparagus
- Prepare a high gas or charcoal grill fire. Grill the steak until nice grill marks form, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook the steak on the second side until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the steak reads 125°F for rare, about 4 minutes. Remove the steak from the grill and put on a cutting board. Tent with foil to keep warm. Let the meat rest while you grill the asparagus.
- Spread out the asparagus on the grill and cook, turning a couple of times, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Assemble the salad
- Arrange the asparagus, cress, and mango on 4 plates or a platter. Thinly slice the steak across the grain and arrange over the salad. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and garnish with the red onion and daikon sprouts (if using).
Looking for more grilled steak salad recipes? How about this one with avocado and pickled onions.
Grilled Steak Asparagus Salad with Hoisin Vinaigrette …It’s What’s for dinner