Looking for unique burger recipes? Grilled ground lamb sliders seasoned with thyme come alive with this exciting peperoncini and caper relish. These Greek Lamb sliders will be the star of your next party. Or your next weeknight dinner. Burgers are always an easy fix.
Greek Sliders. A relish made of Golden Greek Peperoncini, diced onion, capers and seasonings over ground lamb patties, some spinach leaves for garnish and you’ve got a little burger that even Alexander the Great would fight for.
I simply have not met a Mezzetta product that I didn’t’ love. So when they contacted me to create a Summer recipe using one of their pepper products, I jumped at the opportunity. This post is sponsored by Mezzetta products and we’re turning up the heat for some Summer fun using Mezzetta peppers.
What are your Summer Vacation plans? This year we gladly welcome a stay-cation in our beautiful state of Colorado. We just moved into a new home last Fall, and if you haven’t noticed, no matter how you manage the plans, moving can be a prolonged and expensive proposition. This first Summer on our new patios with views of the Rocky Mountains, and the time we spent planting flowers and decorating, it honestly seems like we’re on vacation every day.
Mezzetta products dominate the pickle, relish and olive aisle at my supermarket, and the decision of which pepper product to choose seemed a little overwhelming:
- Hot Banana Wax Peppers
- Sweet Banana Wax ,Peppers
- Tamed Jalapeño
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Deli-sliced Mild Peppers…
So to make things simple, I reached for my favorite little Golden Greek Peperoncini. The ones I sprinkle onto garden salads and the one whose juice I use to pour onto potato salad to jazz things up. Our rainy Spring here in Colorado has finally shown mercy and sunshine has allowed us to fire up those grills. We’ve been dying for our favorite Summer food of burgers and potato salad. And with just a little dicing and a quick sautee, this pepper relish brought zip, zing and heat to our meal. The relish comes together in a wonderfully savory way with some Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Serve with your favorite summer side dish and you’ve got a great Summer treat. Let’s take a look.
- For the burgers:
- 1 pound ground lamb or lean beef
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Relish:
- 1/4 C . olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 2 Tablespoon drained capers
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 8 Mezzetta Peperoncini peppers chopped
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- leaves Spinach for garnish.
- Gently mix the ground lamb, thyme, salt and pepper and form into 6 patties. I like to make my slider patties nice and thick, so they'll cook like regular burgers.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a skillet and add diced onion. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add capers, sage, peperoncini, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until heated through. Remove from heat, place a lid on the relish while you grill the burgers.
- Grill lamb patties about 5 minutes per side.
- To build the slider, place a few spinach leaves on the bottom of a slider bun. Top with the lamb pattie and a generous scoop of the relish.
Can’t get enough of those little bite sized burgers. Take a look at these
Greek Lamb Sliders …It’s what’s for Dinner.