Glazed Carrots with Grapes and Walnuts is a perfect side dish for your Sunday meat dish. Beautiful glazed flavor with a savory crunch of walnuts.
Carrots, what a great side dish for any meal. This glazed carrots recipe, which simmers sliced carrots in chicken broth, sugar and butter until a shiny glaze appears and then tossed with red grape halves and chunks of walnuts…Let’s just say there was a murmering at the table that this was a better side dish than the companion Herbed Mashed Potatoes. Can you imagine???
For a citrusy accent, add 2 teaspoons grated lemon or orange zest. A sprinkling of chopped fresh mint makes a good garnish. Let’s take a look:
More Glazed Carrot Recipes:
A great Spring side dish.
- 6 large bunch carrots peeled and sliced about 1/4 thick. (6 cups)
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted butter
- 1 Cup Chicken stock
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Cup Seedless red grapes cut in half
- 1/2 Cup Chopped walnuts
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a wide saute pan over high heat, combine the carrots, butter, stock and sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer uncovered until the carrots are tender and the pan juices are reduces to a syrupy glaze. 8 - 10 minutes.
- Stir in the grapes and walnuts and season with salt and pepper.
Glazed Carrots with Grapes and Walnuts …It’s What’s for a Side Dish.