Four ingredients and 30 minutes to a perfect little weeknight dinner. This is a recipe for Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan. Big on flavor, Parmesan chicken breast stays crispy and juicy with a quick bake in the oven. One bite and this recipe will quickly become a regular member of your weeknight meal plan.
My jar of mayo sure has been getting a workout lately. First it found it’s way happily smeared on fish fillets for this Heavenly Halibut Recipe. And then found it’s way on top of a head of cauliflower for this Creamy Cheesy Tangy Microwave Cauliflower.
Mayonnaise is a great little tool. It adds flavor…who can resist egg yolk, lemon juice and vinegar? It also adds a beautifully creamy texture. And, as it cooks, it time releases oil into your food as its creamy emulsified texture sticks tight to the surface of meat or veggies.
I understand it works like a charm for grilling steak or chicken, so when the sun is once again shining on my grill, I’ll be giving that one a try.
But for now, with Winter weather upon us, this easy baked chicken parmesan is a wonderful quick dinner.
Ingredients for Easy Parmesan Chicken
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
Boneless skinless split chicken breasts are slathered with a mixture of mayonnaise and parmesan cheese, coated with Italian bread crumbs and then oven baked for a quick and delicious dinner.
How easy is that? Simply serve the quick and easy chicken parmesan with angel hair pasta and frozen broccoli that’s been cooked in the microwave.
Or, if you’re looking for a side dish that’s got a little more pizzazz, you could try this Mediterranean Roasted Broccoli and Tomatoes, or this Angel Hair Pasta with Asparagus and Lemon Cream Sauce.
But back to easy.
Such a simple dinner recipe, and full of flavor with the mayo and Parmesan cheese. With a crunchy topping of Italian bread crumbs, I even look forward to serving this to guests. They simply won’t believe it when I tell them how easy it is.
And the best part about this, is you probably have everything you need already in your pantry.
Recipe for Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
I hope you give this easy chicken parmesan recipe a try and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about your experience. Yay or nay, I love hearing from my readers.
And if you have a favorite easy baked chicken recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Easy Weeknight Chicken Recipes:
- Toasted Pueblo Chile Chicken Sandwich
- Creamy Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad
- One Pot Chicken Dinner with Lemon Cream Sauce
- Crispy Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken
- Broccoli and Chicken Stir-fry
Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 chicken breast halves pounded for even thickness
- 2 Tablespoons Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pound chicken breasts for even thickness. Place chicken on a small sheet pan lightly sprayed with Pam.
- Combine mayonnaise and cheese. Spread on one side of the chicken then sprinkle with bread crumbs. Very gently press the bread crumbs into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Bake at 400, 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. You can use a meat thermometer to test inside chicken temp to be 165 degrees to be sure it’s cooked through.
Quick and Easy Chicken Parmesan … It’s Whats For Dinner
Why Trust These Recipes? Lea Ann Brown has lived, worked and played in Colorado for 45 years. She has immersed herself in the Colorado Culinary space, is a Culinary School Graduate and publishes her Colorado food Blog, Cooking On The Ranch.