You might think of chicken as a boring dinner, but rest assured this chicken coated in curry powder will liven up any weeknight meal. Curry Roasted Chicken with roasted potatoes is full of flavor.
This is so easy and so delicious, that you’ll be considering having it once a week. Chicken breasts are hands down the most popular cut of chicken, but if you’re like me? Love that dark meat. Juicier and full of flavor. And less likely to dry out. So grab some chicken legs and give this Curry Roasted Chicken a try.
What Kind Of Curry Powder Should I Buy?
But what kind of curry should I use? Curry seems to be everywhere. There are curry leaves. curry paste and curry powders. Curry powder is a combination of several spices. It can range from five ingredients to more than 10, and it can include spices such as: cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, dry mustard, fenugreek and black pepper. I’ve included an Amazon affiliate link for your convenience, so you can browse.
It resembles the Indian spice garam masala, but curry powder is not a spice that Indian cooks use. It’s a British invention and is what you find on the spice section of our grocery stores.
It seems almost every country has a version of curry. There are Thai curries, Japanese curries, Jamaican curries. And they can range from soups, to thick gravied meat dishes …. It’s a beautiful topic to research.
But for now, let’s grab that blended spice bottle and make this easy chicken dinner.
Recipe for Curry Roasted Chicken
I hope you give this easy weeknight curry roasted chicken recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And leave a comment about your experience with the recipe. I love hearing from my readers.
And if you have a favorite curry roasted chicken recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes:
- Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Cutlets with Jalapeno Orange Sauce and Black Beans
- Maple Glazed Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Curry Roasted Chicken with New Potatoes
- 4 whole chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 new potatoes cleaned and halved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- cilantro and lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.
- Rub curry powder all over 4 chicken legs, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. When skillet is hot, add oil. When oil is hot add chicken, turning, and sear until browned all over.
- Remove chicken from skillet and saute halved new potatoes in oil just long enough to coat with flavor.
- In a baking dish, nestle chicken legs and potatoes and roast for about 20-25 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Serve with cilantro and lemon wedges.
Curry Roasted Chicken and New Potatoes …It’s What’s for Dinner.