This is a recipe for Avocado Chicken Salad. Easy, Springy, Fresh and Fabulous. Creamy, Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe with Celery and Dill.
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is all about Easy Spring Recipes. Spring is in the air! Let’s celebrate with some beautiful recipes featuring the flavors of spring.
If you’re not familiar, the #SundaySupper Movement was started by Isabel over at Family Foodie as a project for “bringing back Sunday supper around the family table.” Who can argue with that??? And a big thanks to Anne from Simple and Savory for hosting our event this week.
Remember when adding grapes to chicken salad was the greatest thing to ever happen to chicken salad? It was exciting. It was delicious. It was 100 years ago. Let’s update that trend, and let’s start with avocados.
I’ve made no bones that I have no tolerance for dry and pressed saw-dusty textured chicken breast. I’m a dark meat fan for the most part. But roast a chicken the right way, bone in, skin on, involve some butter and I think I could eat it every day. That’s how we start this recipe, by roasting a chicken breast to all it’s juicy glory.
Remove the skin, remove the meat from then bone and then dicing it to drench it in a wonderfully light sauce that’s got just enough rice vinegar to tang up your life. Add some scallions, a crunch of celery and fresh dill and those Robins will start singing.
And if you’re love a good main course chicken salad recipe as much as I do, you might want to take a look at:
- Casa Grande Mexican Chicken Salad
- Sweet Chili Mustard Grilled Chopped Chicken Salad
- Pasta Chicken Salad Recipe
- Aspen Village Chicken Salami Salad
- Los Olivos Cafe Chicken Couscous Salad
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Almonds and Chutney
Recipe for Creamy Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad
Serve this light and fresh salad simply on a bed of lettuce, or on top of crackers for a party appetizer. Perfect for a ladies luncheon. I hope you give this Chicken Avocado Salad recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating. Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes.
And if you have a favorite chicken salad recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Easy, healthy and full of flavor. A little bit cream and a little bit tangy.
- 2 chicken breast halves, bone in, skin on roasted, then cubed
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 2 avocados 1 halved and 1 chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Roast your chicken breast. Then cool and cube.
In a large bowl, toss the chicken, scallions and celery to combine. Gently stir in the chopped avocado and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
- In a blender, combine the remaining avocado and lemon juice. Add the olive oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, parsley and dill. Puree until smooth. The mixture should be thick and about the consistency of mayonnaise. (If needed, thin the mixture with 1 to 2 tablespoons water.)
Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and gently toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust flavors to suit you.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. The salad will keep, refrigerated, for up 1 day.
Garnish with fresh dill.
You can also use the meat from 1 rotisserie chicken. Serve on a big leaf of Bibb Lettuce, or with crackers.