Ultra-nutritious, this Crab Avocado Asparagus salad is beautiful for a light Summer meal. Dressed with a lively vinaigrette you’ve got a delicious and fresh seafood salad recipe.
This week, my local market had Crab legs for $9.99/lb. Prompting this easy as can be, crab salad recipe with avocado and asparagus.
Look at all of these beautiful, fresh and healthy ingredients. I’m trying to eat as healthy as I can before the month-long food gorge begins in a couple of weeks. And believe you me, I plan to whole heartedly participate in the Holiday food festivities. 🙂
The Greens For This Crab Salad Recipe
I’ve been finding pea shoots at Whole Foods. They’re a beautiful garnish and addition for any salad.
They’re simply the leaves of the traditional garden pea plant that are harvested about 2 – 4 weeks into the growth cycle. Tender, young and bursting with pea flavor.
For presentation, I’ve placed the crab meat, asparagus and avocado on big luscious leaves of read leaf lettuce. And it’s not just for presentation, it because a fresh delicious part of the meal.
Healthy Crab Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Eating this salad makes you feel so good about yourself. And its a very easy salad to prepare:
- Asparagus is cooked until just tender.
- Raw pistachios and avocado and added for an even healthier salad.
- A delightful and fresh tasting lemon vinaigrette finishes the combination.
- Sprinkle on some sweet crab meat and you are in salad heaven.
Crab meat can be expensive at times. You can also make this salad with cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped. Either way, a healthy choice for a light dinner.
Recipe for Crab Avocado Asparagus Salad
I hope you give this crab salad recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite seafood salad recipe, or a recipe using crab meat, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Main Course Fresh Healthy Salad Recipes
- Blackened Shrimp Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette A refreshing entree that’s light but in a hearty way. Blackened shrimp on crisp artisan field greens, sprinkled with applewood smoked bacon, hard boiled eggs, heirloom petite tomatoes.
- Casa Grande Mexican Chicken Salad with Avocado Features a very special sweet spicy dressing and a great line-up of ingredients that will have you asking for seconds.
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Citrus Mint Dressing Sweet grilled shrimp are tossed with avocado, petite tomatoes and red onion that have been marinated in a lively citrus mint dressing.
And if you’re in the salad mood, don’t miss my Salad Category. You’ll find lots of great ideas along with dressing and vinaigrette recipes. And don’t miss my post for 9 Secrets To A Remarkable Tossed Salad. Just say no to sad salads.
And if you’re looking for healthy recipes, take a look at my January Healthy Recipe Post. A great lineup for 31 days worth of clean eating.
Crab Avocado Asparagus Salad
- 1 pound asparagus thick asparagus
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 medium basil leaves
- 1 small shallot coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 1/2 ounce pea shoots trimmed
- 1/4 cup raw pistachios coarsely chopped
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 Hass avocados each cut into wedges or coarsely chopped
- Cut tough ends off asparagus and throw away. Slice asparagus tops into 1 inch chunks. Heat a frypan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and then add asparagus and shallot. Salt and pepper to taste. Lower heat to medium. Cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a blender, blend the remaining oil, lemon juice, basil and 1/4 cup of the parsley. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add the pea shoots, pistachios and the remaining 1/4 cup of parsley leaves to the asparagus. Toss with half of the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Divide among plates and Sprinkle with crab meat.