Chocolate Custard made with ricotta cheese is made even more heavenly topped with raspberry sauce. A beautiful dessert. Velvety and rich, this is an easy way to impress guests.
New Year’s Resolutions! Do you make them? Usually they consist of claims to eat healthier, (and this time really mean it), read more books, (and not get bored with that), be nicer to people you don’t like (do I really have to?)
This year my resolution is loftier, I’ve made a vow to be a sweeter person and to to sprinkle more dessert posts into The Ranch routine.
There! I said it and now I’ll be held accountable. I’m starting my quest with this chocolate custard recipe made with ricotta cheese and topped with Ina Garten’s Rasperry Sauce. I’m liking this New Year’s Resolution stuff! 🙂
If you look at the tallies on my home page sidebar, you’ll see that in the seven years I’ve been blogging, I’ve made 37 desserts. Compared to 87 Mexican/Southwestern and 84 Appetizer offerings.
So here’s my first for 2017. Everyone loves chocolate, everyone loves raspberries, everyone loves cheese, everyone loves liqueur, everyone loves Ina, so how about this Ricotta Chocolate Custard dessert.
And if you’re looking for ricotta cheese custard recipes, this is a great one to try.
I love easy, and this one fits right into that category. Once baked, the consistency of this custard is somewhat like a cheesecake.
Top with Ina Garten’s Raspberry Sauce and you’ve got a wonderfully red treat. Just in time for your Valentine’s Day plans. Let’s take a look.
Recipe for Ricotta Chocolate Custard with Raspberry Sauce
I hope you give this chocolate custard recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating. And please leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite chocolate custard recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Creamy Dessert Recipes
- Strawberry Tart with Lemon Cream Cheese Filling
- Cream Cheese Flan
- Cherry Delight, Cream Cheese Cherry Dessert
And if you’re looking for more dessert recipes, don’t miss my dessert category, you’ll find lots of fun recipes to satisfy that sweet tooth, including the most popular dessert recipe on my site for Old Fashioned Banana Nut Bread.
Chocolate Custard Recipe made with Ricotta Cheese and topped with Raspberry Sauce. An easy, yet luxurious dessert recipe to impress the pickiest of guests.
- 3 cups ricotta cheese whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon divided
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon butter for greasing springform pan
- fine corn meal to coat springform pan
- confectioner’s sugar for dusting optional
- Set a wire rack at the middle level of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan with butter. Sprinkle on fine corn meal to just coat the butter. Sprinkling some in on the bottom of the pan and then patting and turning the pan will work well for this.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta and sugar and stir with a rubber spatula to mix. Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla and half of the cinnamon.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until well distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour until well risen, golden on top and the custard is set. (doesn’t jiggle) Watch carefully. Depending on your oven, the custard could be done in 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Chill the custard for several hours or overnight.
- Unbuckle the ring and remove it. Use a long spatula to remove from the springform pan and slide it onto a platter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon. Dust lightly with confectioner’s sugar before serving. Or top with a chocolate or raspberry sauce.
Ricotta Chocolate Custard…It’s what’s for Dessert.