This is a recipe for Chipotle Benedict Sauce for Eggs Benedict. A spicy Southwestern flair to a classic breakfast. Slices of bacon to replace the usual Canadian Bacon makes this a great version.
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce quickly transform a basic Hollandaise Sauce into a spicy eggs Benedict chipotle breakfast. Add some bacon and you’ve got a delicious and unique version of Eggs Benedict.
For too many years than I can count I’ve been in love with Eggs Benedict. Our first date was a brunch at the historic and famous Brown Palace Hotel in Downtown Denver. I saw Benny across the room on another woman’s plate, it was love at first sight and the affair began.
You never forget your first Eggs Benedict. I truly believe it was due to the English Muffins that were beautifully house made by the hotel. There was something about that texture that I’ve not been able to find anywhere else. I have a hunch they were English Crumpets. But with all that said, Bayes English Muffins are just fine for the Benedicts served from my kitchen.
Wanting to create a Benedict Sauce with a kick, I turned to one of my favorite canned ingredients, Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce.
Voila! There ya have it: Benedict Sauce with Chipotle peppers and the adobo sauce that comes with it.
How to make Chipotle Benedict Sauce
This is an easy transition. Just prepare your favorite Hollandaise Sauce. I try to make my own Hollandaise. But please don’t hesitate to grab a packet of Hollandaise mix at the store to make this recipe even easier and a quicker breakfast option. I haven’t found a jarred version that I like – too heavy – too thick – too odd.
So once you have your Hollandaise sauce prepared just add some Adobo sauce to taste. I had an open can of Chipolte Peppers in Adobo Sauce so I just spooned out a couple of teaspoons of the adobo sauce only and added it to the prepared Hollandaise.
You may like a little more heat or smokey flavor, so add just a little at a time to your taste. I suppose if you just can’t help yourself, you could even add some of the Chipolte peppers, but be careful, those things are HOT, I’d most certainly remove all seeds and veins. After all, we want a subtle and delicate flavor for these creamy poached eggs.
For this recipe I crisscrossed 6 half slices of cooked bacon on the toasted muffin, topped with poached eggs, and drizzled on some of the chipotle Benedict sauce. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and add some fresh berries and sliced fruit to the plate and you have a beautiful breakfast. I decided to name it Chipotle Eggs Benedict, Adobo Eggs Benedict just didn’t ring with romance.
If you’re not sure about poached eggs, take a look at my post How To Poach An Egg Like A Professional Chef. It’s really not as hard as you think.
Recipe for Chipotle Benedict Sauce For Eggs Benedict
I hope you give this Chipotle Benedict Sauce recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Looking for more Eggs Benedict Recipes? You won’t want to miss:
And, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Make it a delicious day … every day.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating in the recipe card below. And write a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback.
Chipotle Benedict Sauce for Eggs Benedict
- 1 recipe Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Adobo Sauce from Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce plus a teaspoon of chopped chipotle peppers for more heat and texture
- 4 slices bacon cooked until just crisp
- 2 English Muffins toasted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Make Hollandaise Sauce, set aside. Stir in the adobo sauce and chopped chipotle peppers. Set aside and keep warm.
- In oven or fry pan, cook bacon until crisp. Cut each piece of bacon in half and set aside, keeping warm.
- In a large sauce pan, bring about 3 cups water to a boil. Add vinegar and lower heat to a slow simmer. With a wooden spoon, stir the water vigorously to create a hearty swirl. Gently drop two eggs into the water and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate. Repeat with the other two eggs.
- In the meantime toast the English Muffins.
- To assemble. Add slices of bacon evenly to each toasted English Muffin. Top with a poached egg. Drizzle with Chipotle Benedict Sauce. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped cilantro if you’d like.
Chipotle Benedict Sauce over Bacon and Poached Eggs… It’s What’s For Breakfast