Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe with almonds and chutney. An exciting alternative to an Asian classic. And an easy recipe using rotisserie chicken. Perfect for a brunch or to impress guests for your next ladies luncheon.
This is a great healthy lettuce wrap recipe. Unique and delicious in flavor combining chutney, lemon, almonds and jalapenos.
The combination equals a big WOW in flavor.
Just when you thought the last thing the world needed was another book on weeknight cooking, along comes an entirely fresh take on the subject. As they do on their weekly show, host Lynne Rossetto Kasper and producer Sally Swift approach their topic with attitude and originality.
It’s engaging and a welcome addition to your collection. So far everything I’ve tried in the book is really good, but this one! Man oh man.
And what a way to eat during the heat of the summer, you didn’t even turn on the oven. With fresh ingredients, this recipe is perfect for a ladies luncheon or just a treat for a Summer dinner. Give this one a try.
Chutney Almond Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
I hope you give this unique and totally delicious chicken lettuce wraps recipe a try. I think you’ll find it totally sensational. If you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave a comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite chicken lettuce wrap recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Chicken Salad Recipes
- Rio Grande Mexican Chicken Salad
- Creamy Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad
- Sweet Chili Mustard Chopped Chicken Salad
- Strawberry Chicken Salad with Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
And if you’re looking for a ton of chicken recipes, don’t miss my Chicken Category. You’ll find lots of mouth watering ideas. Including the most popular chicken recipe on my site for Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan.
A unique version for chicken lettuce wraps. With chutney and almonds, this is a perfect recipe for a brunch or a ladies luncheon.
- For The Chicken Salad:
- 3 pound rotisserie chicken purchased or two small rotisserie chickens
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 jalapenos seeded and minced
- 9 ounce Chutney Major Gray
- 1/2 Cup .Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large celery stalks diced
- 1 cup salted almonds coarse chopped
- For the lettuce cups:
- 1 head Bibb Lettuce leaves separated washed and dried
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves washed and dried
- 1 bunch Cilantro washed and dried
- 8 radishes thin sliced
- 1 large cucumber peeled and sliced into thin rounds
First of all, let me say that most roasted chickens that you purchase at a grocery store are not three pounds. Purchase 2 small grocery store rotisserie chickens, or 1 Costco rotisserie chicken.
- Pull the meat from the chicken, discarding skin and bones. Cut into small bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl combine the onions, lemon zest and juice, jalapenos, chutney, mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Fold in the chicken. Taste the mix for flavor and adjust to your taste. Let stand for 20 minutes to blend the flavors, or better yet, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, blend the celery and nuts into chicken mixture. Mound the salad on one side of the platter, pile up the lettuce leaves on the other, and cluster remaining ingredients in the center. Tuck the radishes and cucumbers next to the herbs.
- Place a few herb leaves in the bottom of a lettuce cup, top with a spoonful of the salad. Add a slice each of the cucumber and radish. Roll up and eat.
Almond Chutney Chicken Lettuce Wraps …They’re what’s for dinner.