Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry with Sherry Sauce. This recipe is dependable, delicious and downright easy. A favorite for sure.
If you’re looking for a Chicken and Broccoli Stir fry recipe, Google will more than likely return to you a zillion options. What caught my eye with this recipe was the Sherry sauce. With dark sesame oil it sounded like a wonderful combination for the perfect chicken stir fry.
Dark toasted sesame oil is a very strong and wonderful flavored oil. And they’re not all created equal. Choose quality such as La Tourangelle, Toasted Sesame Oil, or Spectrum Toasted Sesame Oil. I’ve included affiliate links for your convenience.
Save this recipe for a weekend project. It takes about an hour from start to finish. And worth every minute of prep. And there’s sauce wouldn’t be great with shrimp or beef stir fry.
Recipe For Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry With Sherry Sauce
I hope you give this Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite chicken stir fry recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @cookingontheranch so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 pound chicken breast cubed, about 2 breasts
- 3 scallions whites only, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1- inch piece peeled fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- cup About 1/3 water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cups fresh broccoli trimmed and sliced, stalks and florets into medium pieces (keep the 2 cuts separate)
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes optional
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Garnish: toasted sesame seeds optional
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the scallion whites, about half the garlic and ginger, the soy sauce, sugar, 1 teaspoon of the cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of the salt, the sherry, and the sesame oil. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes. Mix the remaining cornstarch with 1/3 cup water.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and heat. Add the broccoli stems, and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the florets and the remaining garlic, ginger, 2 tablespoons of water, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Stir-fry until the broccoli is bright green but still crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Get the skillet good and hot again, and then heat 2 more tablespoons oil. Add the chicken and chili flakes if using. Stir-fry until the chicken loses its raw color and gets a little brown, about 3 minutes. Add the hoisin sauce, return the broccoli to the pan and toss to heat through. Stir in the reserved cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil to thicken. Add more water if need to thin the sauce, if necessary. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if you like. Mound the stir-fry on a serving platter or divide among 4 plates and garnish with sesame seeds; serve with rice.
Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry …It’s What’s for a Weekend Dinner.