What’s good about this Cashew Chicken Stir Fry? The sweet and sour sauce, the crunchy cashew and the savory chicken. Delicious. Plus it’s easy enough for a week night dinner.
What’s your favorite dish to order at your favorite Chinese place? I can usually answer with a chicken stir fry or beef and broccoli. Lets pretend your answer is Cashew Chicken. Well, imagine your favorite Cashew Chicken healthier and better tasting. Let’s not forget fresher ingredients and less expensive.
This recipe for Cashew Chicken comes from Martha Stewart. Always a reliable source, in my books. What a great recipe. The 30 minute marinade in sherry and ginger really adds a blast of flavor and tenderizes the chicken to perfection.
The final result is actually perfect if you ask me, everything you look for in Chinese recipe to cook at home. The sweet nutty crunch of the cashews, the fresh green onion, and the best part, it all comes together easily for a weeknight meal. Perfect!
So next time you’re picking up that phone to call for Chinese take-out, give this one a try. I think you’ll be glad you did.
More Chicken Stir-Fry Recipes
- Sriracha Honey Cashew Chicken Stir-fry
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry with Sherry Sauce
- Lemon Garlic Simple Chicken Stir-fry
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tsp . minced peeled, fresh ginger
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- coarse salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2/3 cup unsalted cashews toasted
- 2 green onions white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with sherry, ginger, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch; season with salt. Refrigerate 30 minutes. In another bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch. Set sauce aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a covered plate. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet and cook remaining chicken (reduce heat if chicken is over-browning). Transfer to plate.
- To same skillet, add 1 teaspoon oil, garlic, cashews, and green onion whites. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic begins to soften, about 30 seconds. Whisk sauce and add to skillet along with chicken. Cook until sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Top with green onion greens and serve with rice.
Another one of our favorite chicken stir fry recipes is:
Cashew Chicken…It’s What’s For Dinner