This is a super easy chocolate cake recipe with a caramel filling and a topping of whipped cream and crushed Butterfinger candy bars that will have your crowd stampeding to the table.
Oh look! I baked.
Well, if preheating my oven and using a cake mix counts?
Before we get to the goodies…I’d like to ask you a question. When was the last time you browsed the cake mix aisle at the grocery store? It’s been while for me, have the companies that produce cake mixes cut way back.
Where I normally would find the aisle brimming white, yellow, chocolate and multiple flavored versions of each of these, I was met with a very minimal selection. And no German Chocolate at all. I also just read that canned soup sales are down by 13% over the past decade so Campbell’s Soups are closing two plants.
Could it be that consumers are actually steering clear of the processed food aisles?
This Easy German Chocolate Butterfinger Poke Cake is absolutely perfect for a kids birthday cake.
Looking for Butterfinger Cake Recipes? This Easy Chocolate Butterfinger birthday cake for Connor’s fourth birthday was a big hit. And it’s a poke cake, always popular.
This recipe comes from my family cookbook that I published about ten years ago. It was a contribution from my cousin P.J. It’s easy to make since everything comes from the processed food aisles.
It’s so easy. A store bought German Chocolate Cake Mix is baked according to package instructions, then poked full of holes and drizzled with a combination of sweet condensed milk and caramel sauce letting it ooze down in.
It’s then topped with a generous layer of Cool Whip and and crushed Butterfinger candy bars.
Voila, you have a cake that is DEElicious…and to quote Mr. Buzz one that takes you “to infinity and beyond!”
A Buzz Lightyear action figure that makes a bunch of racket.
Butterfinger Poke Cake Recipe
I hope you give this chocolate butterfinger poke cake recipe a try, and if you do, please come back and give the recipe a star rating and leave comment about your experience with the recipe.
And if you have a favorite poke cake recipe, please let me know. I’m a big fan. Looking for more dessert recipes? Don’t miss my dessert category. You’ll find some fun recipes to satisfy that sweet tooth, including the most popular on my site for No Bake Key Lime Pie.
More Cake Recipes:
- Chile Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Bourbon Frosting
- Cheesecake Black Bottom Chocol;ate Cupcakes
- Upside Down Cherry Black Forrest Cake
Easy Butterfinger Chocolate Poke Cake
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix or chocolate
- 12.25 ounce Caramel Sauce Smuckers works well here
- 14 ounces Sweet Condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1-2 Butterfinger bar crushed
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Poke several holes in the cake using toothpicks, a wooden grill skewer or a fork. Mix sweetened condensed milk and caramel together, pour over cake, spreading over the entire surface.
- Chill well. Spread cool whip over the top and sprinkle crushed Butterfinger bar.
Chocolate Butterfinger Poke Cake …It’s What’s for a Birthday Party.