Taco night just got feisty! Southwestern flavors are showcased in this easy beef and black bean taco recipe. Topped with tomato, avocado and a Red Chile Buttermilk Ranch Dressing and you’ve got something to taco about. Give these Beef and Black Bean Tacos a try.
The ground beef for these unique tacos is flavored with Ancho Chile powder, Chipotle Tabasco Sauce and the usual lineup of Southwestern spices.
The black beans are simply tossed with lime juice, salt and pepper and then heated in the microwave. Add some slices of avocado and tomato, a squeeze of lime juice and a drizzle of Red Chile Buttermilk Ranch Dressing and you’ve got a killer Southwestern taco. And, it all comes together for an easy weeknight dinner.
Wondering what exactly is Ancho Chile Powder? Ancho powders are dried, ground peppers and should not be confused with chili powder, which is a blend of ground chilies and other spices. Ancho chile powder is made from the sweetest dried chile, and has a moderately spicy but rich flavor.
If you can’t find Ancho, use any pure dried chile powder that isn’t a mix. New Mexico Red Chile Powder would be an excellent substitution here. Chipotle chile powder would bring more of a smoky flavor, which would be a wonderful addition. Chipotle brings a little more heat, but you know how much we like to turn up the heat here on The Ranch. Whatever powder you use, this is a great beef and bean taco filling recipe.
Recipe for Beef and Black Bean Tacos
I hope you give this Ground Beef and Black Bean Tacos recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite ground beef taco, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Ancho Chile Beef and Black Bean Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Chipotle Flavored Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado sliced into wedges
- 1 tomato sliced
- Red Chile Buttermilk Ranch dressing to drizzle
- Place the ground beef in a hot skillet. With a wooden spoon, break up the beef while cooking. Cook the beef until it’s lost it’s pink color. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well while cooking until flavors are blended and well heated.
- In the meantime rinse and drain black beans and in a small bowl toss them with lime juice, salt and pepper. Cook them in microwave until hot. Set aside and keep warm.
- Warm soft corn tortillas by wrapping them in a damp (clean) dish towel. Place them in a large plastic bag but do not seal. Microwave for 3 minutes at 50% power level.
- Divide ground beef between tortillas, top with black beans, slices of avocado, tomato and drizzle with Red Chile Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
For your convenience, Affiliate Links have been added to this post.
Ancho Chile Beef and Black Bean Tacos … They’re what’s for Dinner