This is a recipe for Honey Lime Cumin Roasted Glazed Carrots. A simple and delightful carrot side dish that will shine at the table. I can’t imagine any entree that this wouldn’t compliment. Sweet and tangy, these showy oven roasted carrots are easy enough for a weeknight side dish, and sensational enough to compliment any Holiday entree.
Don’t you love it when you find a recipe that checks all the boxes? Beautiful (check), healthy (check), and scrumptious (check). Yes!
Sometimes I feel like I find myself struggling to come up with easy side dish ideas beyond those bags of frozen vegetables from the store. This oven roasted carrots recipe is definitely a solution to that problem. What could be better than an easy homemade side dish, with a short cleanup list: one sheet pan, a small mixing bowl and a hot oven.
King Soopers had gorgeous tri-colored baby carrots last week, that found themselves in my cart quicker than quick. I couldn’t wait to get home and come up with a beautiful combination of flavors to roast them into culinary bliss.
I remember a glaze that we used in Culinary School using cumin, lime and honey, and I couldn’t think of a better glaze for these carrots.
Just how easy is this Roasted Glazed Carrot Recipe?
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skin from the carrots.
- Place the carrots on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the honey, lime zest, lime juice and spices.
- Pour over the carrots and with tongs mix and turn to combine carrots and sauce.
- No dicing, no slicing, just roast and enjoy.
Serve on your favorite white platter.
With a sprinkle if sliced green onion, if you’d like.
Recipe for Honey Lime Cumin Roasted Glazed Carrots:
I hope you give this roasted glazed carrots recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite oven-roasted carrots recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Oven Roasted Carrots Recipes
- Oven Roasted Carrots with Garlic and Parsley, Lemons for LuLu
- Apple Cider Roasted Carrots with Plums, The Food Charlatan
- Glazed Carrots with Goat Cheese and Honey
This would make a perfect side dish for Oven Roasted Turkey Breast.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @cookingontheranch so I can check it out and leave a comment!
This is a recipe for Honey Lime Cumin Roasted Glazed Carrots. A simple and delightful carrot side dish that will shine at the table. I can't imagine any entree that this wouldn't compliment. Sweet and tangy, these showy oven roasted carrots are easy enough for a weeknight side dish, and sensational enough to compliment any Holiday entree.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound baby carrots with fresh green tops multi-colored works great here
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime Juice and fresh grated zest
- 2 teaspoons teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Trim the tops off the carrots. Using a vegetable peeler, peel off skin.
Place carrots on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. You'll be glad you take this step, as you are cooking with a thick glaze. Cleanup will be so easy.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, zest and lime juice, salt, cumin, coriander, and paprika. Pour the mixture over the carrots and with tongs, toss to coat.
Roast about 20 - 30 minutes. or until carrots are tender and starting to show color.
Transfer to your favorite serving platter and sprinkle with sliced green onion, if you'd like.
For an impressive display, use multi-colored carrots. And plain orange carrots work beautifully also.
Roasted Glazed Carrots … It’s What’s for a Side Dish