This Simple Chicken Stir Fry is your new go-to easy weeknight dinner recipe. It’s healthy and full of lemony garlic flavor. Ready in about thirty minutes, your family will fall in love with the freshness of this super fast chicken stir fry.
Chicken stir fry recipes make a frequent appearance on our weekly menu because they’re both easy and full of flavor. I keep a small batch of stir fry recipes in my data base that are proven winners quick to the plate.
And what’s not to love about this combination? Asparagus and lemon are natural partners and combining them with simple Asian flavors makes this a popular dinner.
Chicken can most certainly be the weeknight work horse for easy meals. And quick stir fry recipes can be life savers for busy home cooks. This super fast chicken stir fry is spiked with lots of lemony flavor and made colorful with beautiful green stalks of asparagus. So, skip a less than healthy take-out and give this one a try.
Tips on making this Simple Chicken Stir Fry
- Switch out the asparagus with less expensive snow peas, zucchini, broccoli or even bell peppers.
- Serve with brown rice to make it even healthier.
- To save more time, purchase quick cooking packets of rice, such as Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice rather than stove top steamed rice.
- Don’t skip adding the Toasted Sesame Oil. This should be a staple in your pantry and it adds an incredible layer of flavor.
- If you don’t own a wok, this can easily be made in a large skillet.
- To make this gluten free, use Tamari instead of soy sauce.
- Don’t be afraid of heat. Get the wok or skillet hot, over medium high heat. This will sear the chicken on the outside, leaving the inside tender.
Recipe for Lemony Garlic Simple Chicken Stir Fry
I hope you give this simple chicken stir fry recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite easy chicken stir-fry recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
More Chicken Stir-fry Recipes
- Sriracha Honey Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- Healthy Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry with Sherry Sauce
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @cookingontheranch so I can check it out and leave a comment!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Steamed rice for serving
In a large wok or skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil, season with salt and pepper and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked through, 3 minutes longer.
Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and soy sauce. Transfer the chicken to a platter, top with the sliced scallion and serve with rice.