This is a recipe for Grilled Peach Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese. A fun toss between a salad and a cheese course. Grill peaches to give them a hint of smoke, then serve them with goat cheese, arugula and a splash of balsamic vinaigrette.
Is there anything better than a beautiful juicy fresh peach? Try grilling that big beautiful peach to add caramelization, and a little smoke. And you’ll end up with the most delicious salad to ever grace your grill. Delicious Summer citrus and it’s hearty enough to satisfy a big appetite. And perfect for any occasion.
So if you’re looking for a good reason to throw a backyard bash, this grilled peach salad will impress your hungry crowd. And it’s easier to make than one might think. The peaches are done grilling in just a couple of minutes. The goat cheese slices in a jiff, especially if you’ve let it sit in the freezer for 15 or so minutes. And the dressing is a cinch to whisk up. Purchase a good quality, unflavored goat cheese. I like to buy brands that Whole Foods carries.
So fire up that grill and invite those friends. Celebrate the flavors of Summer.
Recipe for Grilled Peach Salad with Arugula and Goat Cheese
So if you’re like me and order a case of peaches each year, and you’re always on the lookout for fresh peach recipes, you’re going to love this one.
I’ve served this grilled peach salad with
- Sirloin Steak Beef Kabobs,
- as a side dish for Mussels with White Wine Pernod Broth
- and Maple Glazed Grilled Chicken Kabobs
My point? This grilled peach salad is a great side dish for about any main course, heavy or light in nature.
I hope you give this grilled peach salad recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating.
Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite peach salad recipe, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
- 6 fresh peaches or apricots, halved and pitted
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces arugula stemmed
- 4 ounces goat cheese cut into 12 slices
- Light a grill. In a medium bowl, toss the peaches with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the thyme and season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Grill the peach halves over high heat for about 6 minutes, turning once, until lightly charred and softened.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a cutting board and finely chop.
- Put the pine nuts in a medium bowl. Whisk in the vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula and toss. Arrange the goat cheese slices on plates. Top with arugula salad and then grilled peaches and serve right away.
Grilled Peach Salad …It’s What’s For a Side dish