It’s the 2nd Wednesday of the month and that means it’s time for another Blogger’s Clue adventure. Blogger’s Clue is a monthly party created by Liz over at That Skinny Chick can Bake. For each assignment, we’re given a clue, and a blog and we’re to take that clue and find a recipe to make. This month that clue was simply berries.
Heading over to Wendy’s blog, A Day In The Life On The Farm, I had a blast looking around. Wendy and her husband are both retired police officers, moving far away from the hustle and bustle of the large city and landing in a small town of 4,000 folks. Not to mention a home on 12 acres. What I like about Wendy’s blog is that many times she’ll post about an entire meal with menu planning and recipes from start to finish.
Back to those wonderful little berries and some choices I had from Wendy’s blog. I really really really wanted to make her Blueberry French Toast Casserole. And then there were her Blueberry Pancakes. I’ll save those for another time. And after indulging I’ll need a healthier fix, so I’ll make her Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bake. And then there was that Chocolate Strawberry Pound Cake…goodness.
Have I ever mentioned that I’m a Tapioca pudding freak? Love the stuff! So the decision was easy for me. Tapioca Cream Strawberry Parfait. As if tapioca pudding isn’t wonderful enough, she adds cream and swirls it all together with a strawberry, Kirsch puree. This was the finale for a grand meal that included Sea Scallops over Pea Puree, Soy Bean Farfalle Soup, Garlic Mashed Potatoes…are you starting to see what I mean about that meal planning gift she has?
Thanks for a wonderful dessert Wendy and again, I had a fabulous time sneaking around on your blog. Lots of good finds.
- 2.5 Cup strawberries divided
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cherry Kirsch
- 2 cups Fresh strawberries
- 1 egg separated
- 6 T . sugar divided
- 3 T . Minute Tapioca
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 c . milk
- 1 t . vanilla
Place sugar, 2 cups of strawberries and kirsch in a food processor and puree. Transfer to a bowl. Slice remaining strawberries and set aside.
- Beat egg white in medium bowl with electric mixer until foamy. Add 3 T. sugar, one at a time, beating until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Mix tapioca, remaining 3 T. sugar, cream, milk and egg yolk in a medium saucepan. Let stand for 5 minutes, then cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the egg white mixture and the vanilla until well blended. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Spoon some puree into the bottom of a parfait glass, add a layer of tapioca cream, a layer of strawberries and finish with the tapioca cream. You will have enough for 6 parfaits. Chill until ready to serve.
Tapioca Cream Strawberry Parfait … It’s what’s for Dessert.
In the mood for berries? Don’t forget to take a look at the rest of the group’s finds.
- Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Alice from A Mama, Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Kelli from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Kim from Liv Life
- Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Kathleen from Bakeaway with Me
- Anna from Anna Dishes
- Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- Heather from girlichef
- Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Lora from Cake Duchess
- Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook