This crustless Potato Quiche is easy to whip up and makes a great addition to a holiday brunch or even more perfect for Mother’s Day. Sauteed potatoes and onion combine with sweet corn and rosemary to make a hearty and delicious breakfast custard. A combination Gruyere cheese, half and half and eggs gives this quiche a beautiful creamy cheesy texture and rich elegant flavor.
Brunch is often, if not always, the most indulgent meal of any season. You lounge around the table for hours on end, you may or may not consume one or more alcoholic beverages despite it being the middle of the day, and you usually aren’t trying to be healthy about it. For all these reasons, we will always love brunch. Even though for us, it’s usually reserved for special occasions, I’m always looking for good solid brunch recipes. They’re fun to test out for when that day arrives that we all gather around for a mix-day meal.
It happened on Easter. We were invited over to Greg and Cauleen’s house for brunch where we were presented with a buffet table full of beautiful breakfast casseroles. Needless to say, I’ve been in a strata, quiche-y, cheesy kind of mood ever since. Let’s take a look at this potato quiche.
In the pantry were potatoes that needed to be used and in my freezer a lingering few bags of Colorado sweet corn I froze last September. A trip to the store for some Gruyere and we were in business. And with that line up of ingredients, it goes without saying this was sinfully tasty.
And of course, the texture divine. Creamy, cheesy, with a little crunch from the potatoes. The corn chimes in adding a hint of sugar and the whole dish is very brunch worthy.
Let’s take a look.
Recipe for Crustless Potato Quiche with Sweet Corn and Rosemary
I hope you give this potato quiche with sweet corn recipe a try. And if you do, please come back and let me know how you liked it and give the recipe a star rating. Your feedback is valuable to me for developing future recipes. And if you have a favorite overnight recipe for a brunch quiche, let me know, I’d love to give it a try.
Looking for more custard-y goodness. Take a look at this crustless breakfast casserole: Three Cheese Baked Egg Casserole.
More Holiday Potato Recipes
- Potato Quiche with Sweet Corn and Rosemary
- Old Fashioned Creamy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- Potato Casserole with Corn Flakes
A delicious potato side dish, or brunch recipe.
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Cups Corn kernels
- 1 Pound Red potatoes unpeeled, halved and sliced
- 1 Cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 Cups Half and half
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 C . Gruyere cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil and butter in skillet over medium heat. Add corn and sauté until starting to brown. Remove corn and set aside. Return skillet to heat and add more oil. When hot add potatoes and onions. Saute, stirring constantly for about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in corn, rosemary, salt and cayenne.
- In a large bowl whisk together half and half and eggs. Add corn mixture and half of the cheese. Stir well and transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish. Bake on center rack for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and bake 20 minutes longer. Sprinkle top with more rosemary for serving.
Corn, Potato and Rosemary Gratin…It’s What’s For Dinner