This is how I used those left over hard-boiled pink and green Easter Eggs.
Let me start off my telling you, I’m a HUGE curry fan. Love those gravy-style Thai and Indian inspired dishes.
Curry is a general term to describe a variety of spice blends and more likely a gravy type dish. We are most familiar with the blend of turmeric, coriander, cumin and fenugreek that we find in a jar on our American grocery store shelves. But there is a such a wide variety of curry styles, blends and flavors available to us from so many cultures. It seems each culture has adopted spices to suit its own unique tastes.
As we speak, in my pantry you’ll find Yellow, Massaman and Green curries. I can’t wait to put on my white mad scientist coat, get out those lab tubes and bubble away new experimental brews, but for now I just used the regular ground curry from Whole Foods to put a little twist on our mayonnaise based traditional egg salad.
This made a great little dinner served with a tossed salad.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 dash ginger
- 6 hard-boiled eggs peeled and coarsley chopped
- 3 whole green onions sliced and diced
- 8 slices of your favorite bread
- 2 Tablespoon celery finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine mayo, honey, curry and ginger and blend well. Stir in eggs and green onions. Season with salt and pepper. Spread egg salad onto bread slices and top with lettuce if you wish. I top with a slice of tomato when I have fresh from the garden.
Curried Egg Salad Sandwiches,,,It’s What’s For Lunch or Dinner