You can wear your white jeans with this one. Buffalo Chicken wings without the mess.
Holy cow are these Buffalo Baked Chicken Meatballs good. I have a recipe category in my database called “find of the century” and this recipe dropped directly into that file.
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is all about football food. If you’re not familiar, the #SundaySupper Movement was started by Isabel over at Family Foodie as a project for “bringing back Sunday supper around the family table.” Who can argue with that??? And a big thanks to Colleen over at The Redhead Baker for hosting our event this week.
Can you believe it is football season already? Fall brings with it cooler weather, changing leaves and those Orange and Blue uniforms take the field at Mile High Stadium! You know the ones, the ones who won the Superbowl last year. What an incredible event and celebration for our city. We’re still not over it.
We love everything about this recipe. First of all, it’s easy. It’s baked, the texture is perfect and meaty, and it’s killer with flavor. I credit the mustard mixed in with the ground chicken for the excitement. Glaze those meatballs with your favorite Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce, serve with some celery sticks and blue cheese dressing and you’ve got a touchdown!
And so easy to eat. These little easy Chicken Buffalo Meatballs will be making an appearance for many Bronco Games this season.
Homemade Blue Cheese dressing is so e-a-s-y and always better.
Take a look at my Creamiest Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 celery stalks finely minced
- ½ sweet onion finely minced
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup Buffalo-style hot sauce
- 1 cup blue-cheese dressing
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the celery and onion, and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
In a medium bowl, mix the cooled celery mixture with the egg, mustard and ground chicken to combine. Add the bread crumbs, salt and pepper; mix to combine.
Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a sheet pan that's been sprayed with PAM. Bake for 25 minutes.
In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the hot sauce and whisk to combine until smooth. Toss the meatballs in the sauce to coat.
Serve the meatballs warm with a side of blue-cheese dressing and celery sticks.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs … It’s What’s for Football Food
Looking for a great lineup of football friendly recipes? Take a look at what the rest of the group has posted.
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.