Peaches and Cream Pie. Fresh peaches and cream team up to bring us a wonderful Summer dessert.
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is all about peaches. We’re getting all peachy to celebrate National Peach Month in August…and did you know that today is National Peach Ice Cream day? If you’re not familiar, the #SundaySupper Movement was started by Isabel over at Family Foodie as a project for “bringing back Sunday supper around the family table.” Who can argue with that??? And a big thanks to Sue over at A Palatable Pastime for hosting our event this week.
Our Colorado Western Slope turns out some of the juiciest, sa-weetest, peaches around. The best I’ve ever tasted. And once those peach vans are on the move, delivering fruit to our Front Range markets, it’s an event! Let’s get this party started.
Each year, I buy at least a case from our local Rotary Club and savor each and every fruit until the last bite. I dig out recipes like Peacho-de-gallo, Peach and Burrata Salad…and for today’s event this Peaches and Cream Pie.
I’ve wanted to try this recipe for years and years. It’s from my mom’s recipe box and it’s a recipe from an old friend of hers, Vera. Now that my mother has passed, I find myself constantly reminded of questions I wish I would have asked her. And one of those is about her friend Vera Rich. As a very young child I have a dim memory of Vera, but would love to know for sure if she was a high school friend or a friend from church? What happened to Vera? Where did she live? Who was she married to? I tried a Google search that returned absolutely nothing.
This is a wonderful peach pie recipe. Peaches and cream unite to deliver a perfect Summer dessert. A little flour and egg yolk serve to firm things up and a touch of vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar bring it all together.
And please take the time to make your own pie crust. It’s tastier and far more rewarding that buying a pre-made crust at the store. It’s a skill that every home cook should take the time to learn.
- 3-4 peaches peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons heaping flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 t . brown sugar
- 1 t . ground cinnamon
- 1 inch unbaked 9- pie shell 4-cup volume
- in Place peaches unbaked pie shell.
- in Mix sugar flour and salt. Blend half and half.
- Pour over peaches and sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place unbaked pie shell in pie pan.
Peel and thin slice the peaches and place in the pie shell.
Mix sugar, flour and salt. Blend in half and half, egg and vanilla.
Pour over peaches and sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar.
Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Looking for more Peach Pie Dessert Recipes? How about:
Vera’s Peaches and Cream Pie …It’s what’s for Dessert.
Looking for other ways to serve up those fresh Sumer peaches? Take a look at what the rest of the group has posted.
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement