The colors of Summer are upon us. A variety of chopped fresh vegetables and a zingy vinaigrette brings this Mexican Side Dish, Cucina Bean Salad to a lively level.
Served on a bed of crisp Romaine lettuce, this is a great way to celebrate the season of grilling.
Inspired by these perfectly shaped, colorful bell peppers, this side dish comes alive with a burst of Summer color.
It’s always time to celebrate when Vidalia Onions hit our Colorado markets. We cherish them while we can, and they bring a crisp sweet bite to this fresh side salad.
This recipe comes together easy using a can each of Great Northern White Beans and Black Beans.
Set aside some time for chopping and you’ve got yourself a easy, fresh side dish for any grilled meat entree.
- 1 15- ounce can Great Northern Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15- ounce can black bens rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 3/4 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 3/4 cup green onion thin sliced
- 1/2 cup medium heat salsa
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce fine shredded
In a large bowl, combine Great Northern beans, black beans and tomatoes. Stir gently. Add bell peppers and green onions. Stir gently to combine.
In a small bowl, combine salsa, vinegar, sugar, cilantro, salt and pepper.. whisk to blend. Pour over bean mixture and toss gently. May be prepared to this point up to 2 days in advance. Line large salad bowl with shredded lettuce and top with bean mixture.
Cucina Bean Salad … It’s what’s for a Summer Side Dish.