This salad comes together very easily. Served with a simple fried pork chop and a mixture of frozen vegetables cooked in the microwave this is a very easy weeknight dinner.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounce butterhead lettuce leaves torn
- 1 cup ⁄4 chopped and toasted whole walnuts
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1 ⁄4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 oz can hearts of palm drained and thinly sliced on the bias, 14-.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a sheet pan place the whole walnuts. Bake for 8 minutes to toast.
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add in remaining ingredients and toss lightly to combine. Serve with the protein of your choice for a lovely light dinner.
Hearts of Palm Salad…It’s what’s for a Salad.