Lighter in Calories and Fat than beef, and so moist in texture
You can serve these tasty little patties over greens, or wrap them in beautiful little butter lettuce leaves. I’ll take slider buns, thank you ver much.
I decided to turn these flavorful chicken patties into Thai chicken sliders, simply using sweet Chile Sauce for the condiment. Here’s what cool about these these little patties They stay nice and moist with the addition of grated zucchini and carrot, and are deliciously flavored with ginger, onion, cilantro, and lime. I have to admit, as much as I like beef burgers, these are a refreshing break.
- 1½ lb. ground chicken meat
- ½ large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. zucchini, grated and drained
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (I used a mild variety with no heat)
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- ¼ C. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce (I use the Trader Joe's brand)
- Grilled outside or on a cast iron grill pan indoors, allow them to create a sear on one side before turning.
- Combine all ingredients. The mix will be a little soft. Chill in the refrigerator while the grill or pan heat up.
- Heat your pan to medium/high heat. Take out the meat mixture and scoop with a muffin scoop for uniform patties. Brush your grill lightly with vegetable oil, place patties on the grill and gently flatten with a spatula. They should be about ½" thick. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until you achieve clear grill marks. Place on a baking pan and finish off for 5-8 minutes in a 350 degree oven so they will cook all the way through. Cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve.
- Serve over a big salad or wrap in a lettuce leaf or make them as sliders. Dip in sweet chili dipping sauce for an extra flavor kick, or if making sliders, drizzle the chili sauce over the patty as a condiment.
Love sliders as much as we do, here’s our favorite beef slider:
Thai Chicken Sliders …It’s What’s for Dinner.