It’s time for Group B, November Secret Recipe Club Reveal.
This month I was assigned to sneak around on Andrea’s blog Adventures In All Things Food. Her tag line reads “With Cooking, Crafting and Life, It’s Always An Adventure“. With her farm as her office, she invites you to step in, but watch where you step. She does her blog writing, reviews and photo editing inside the house, but a lot of her inspiration happens while she’s doing her morning chores around the yard. Taking conference calls as she picks kale or waiting for bread to rise sounds like a pretty nice set up to me. Her blog is about a life that is always swirling around her family and no post is completed without interruptions from the kids, the animals or the UPS driver.
I spent a lot of time on Andrea’s blog, lots of good reading, and after a thorough search, I had handwritten a list of recipes to choose from:
- Homemade Biscuits with Sausage Gravy
- Baked Lemon and Kale Pasta
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
- Green Tea Ice Cream
- Thai Inspired Chicken Patties
- or Flan
As you can see, I chose Thai Inspired Chicken Patties. She suggested to serve them over greens or wrap them in lettuce leaves. I decided to turn these flavorful chicken patties into Thai chicken sliders, simply using sweet Chile Sauce for the condiment. I used Maggi Hot and Sweet Chili Sauce. These little patties stay nice and moist with the addition of grated zucchini and carrot, and are deliciously flavored with ginger, onion, cilantro, and lime. I have to admit, as much as I like beef burgers, these are a refreshing break. Thanks for a great recipe Andrea.
- 1½ lb. ground chicken meat
- ½ large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c. zucchini, grated and drained
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (I used a mild variety with no heat)
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- ¼ C. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce (I use the Trader Joe's brand)
- Grilled outside or on a cast iron grill pan indoors, allow them to create a sear on one side before turning.
- Combine all ingredients. The mix will be a little soft. Chill in the refrigerator while the grill or pan heat up.
- Heat your pan to medium/high heat. Take out the meat mixture and scoop with a muffin scoop for uniform patties. Brush your grill lightly with vegetable oil, place patties on the grill and gently flatten with a spatula. They should be about ½" thick. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until you achieve clear grill marks. Place on a baking pan and finish off for 5-8 minutes in a 350 degree oven so they will cook all the way through. Cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve.
- Serve over a big salad or wrap in a lettuce leaf or make them as sliders. Dip in sweet chili dipping sauce for an extra flavor kick, or if making sliders, drizzle the chili sauce over the patty as a condiment.
Thai Chicken Sliders…It’s What’s for Dinner.