Delicious little Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cookies. Great for your Fall-themed parties and buffets. And e-a-s-y.
Two cans, one box, one cookie sheet and a 350 degree oven later and you’ve got a tray full of seasonal goodness. For those of you who shy away from the processed aisles, I’m sure you could use your favorite spice cake recipe (dry ingredients only), pureed fresh pumpkin and a your trusty homemade cream cheese frosting.
This past Saturday we were invited to friends for a late afternoon wine celebration. Our friend Dan had reached the 300 milestone in birding. His wife Teri had a beautiful three-tier server filled with toasts topped garlic cream and tenderloin, crackers with custard and fruit and Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cookies with cream cheese frosting. I’m not the dessert type, but could have eaten fifty of those little cookies. I promptly asked for the recipe and made them on Sunday.
It really couldn’t get any easier than this. Just mix together a box of spice cake mix and stir in a small can of pumpkin. It’s a thick and sticky batter, so the hardest part was fighting your way through getting the batter off the spoon and onto the baking pan. Teri used a small cookie scoop, which I didn’t have. But soon I had a a little process down of using a teaspoon to scoop up some batter and swirling it out using a dinner knife. Then scraping it off the spoon again and swirling into a manageable ball of batter which seemed to want to leave the knife easier than the spoon.
The result is a cake like cookie loaded with Fall flavor.
- 1 (18¼ ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin (the small can)
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with vegetable spray (Pam).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin with a fork or wood spoon until well blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons or small cookie scoop onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies. My cookies were small, so 9 minutes was perfect cooking time.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet before removing them to frost.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with orange sugar sprinkles.
- Makes 70 small cookies.
Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Cookies … It’s What’s for a Fall Dessert.