It’s time for the September Secret Recipe Club Reveal. This month I was assigned to Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking Blog. While browsing Sid’s recipes, one thing I quickly learned is that Sid loves to share good food with friends. Hosting a monthly Tapas night and once a month attending a boat club pot luck gathering, it becomes evident that the saying “enough food to feed an army” comes to reality. I really enjoyed reading about the feast of food that appears at these events and found some great entertaining ideas.
Since my freezer contains a virtual frozen Fiesta, I headed directly for the “Mexican” category. The list of recipes found me pinning things I want to make soon, Navajo Tacos, pot luck Southwestern Casserole, and curiosity got the best of me when I saw Peggy’s Paparitos. The description of warm flour tortillas filled with savory sausage, creamy stir-fried potatoes, chile peppers and then topped with cheese and popped under the broiler for a melted treat…my selection had been made.
Here’s the description of how Sid came across Peggy’s Paparito’s: “A few years back I had the pleasure of meeting and making friends with a lovely lady named Peggy. She was a transplanted Texan, and loved all things Tex-Mex. She gave me the following recipe, and it ranks right up there with all the other Tex-Mex foods I love.”
Peggy’s Paparito’s were absolutely delicious and we loved every bite. Simple ingredients turned into a surprising combination of textures and flavors.
Thanks so much for this Tex-Mex dish Sid, what a great Sunday dish to celebrate Fall and football.
- 10 small new potatoes, sliced with skins on, boiled, then fried in a combination of butter and olive oil
- 4 patties sage sausage
- 5 eggs
- 2 whole poblano peppers, roasted, peeled
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, crumbled
- Flour tortilla’s
- Cut the small potatoes in half. In a saucepan, boil water and add potatoes. Cook until almost firm.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil and butter. When hot, add potatoes and stir fry for a few minutes. Add sausage and cook until sausage is browned. Add eggs and mix until eggs are scrambled.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Lay out a flour tortilla and spoon on the potato/sausage/egg mixture. Blanket the mixture with the roasted poblano peppers.
- Fold the tortillas. Cover generously with the grated cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and tortillas are starting to brown. Serve immediately.
Peggy’s Paparitos…It’s What’s for Dinner.
Also sharing this with Table For Seven’s Linky Party Share Your Stuff Tuesdays.