Raspberry Sauce for Salmon, Salmon Saturday

Raspberry Sauce for Salmon

Raspberry sauce for salmon. Yawn. Well, let’s just say the flavorful sliced tomatoes from my garden and the super sweet corn grown at Sakata Farms near Brighton were the best things on the plate.

Something about the combination of Raspberry Sauce and Salmon just didn’t fit my palate. Even my idea for a wow factor of sprinkling smoked paprika over the salmon before roasting didn’t wow us or rescue the flavor combination. From his comment “It’s fine … I like it” Bob seemed OK with the meal. I probably won’t make this one again, especially since the Mustard Maple Glazed Salmon , the Mustard Tarragon Salmon and the  Orange Roasted Salmon with Yogurt Caper Sauce were far tastier and easier to prepare.

I don’t usually post mediocre dishes, but it’s Salmon Saturday and the show must go on.

Raspberry Sauce for Salmon

Author:
Recipe type: Seafood
Cuisine: Dinner
Serves: 2
Ingredients
  • 1 12 oz package frozen raspberries, thawed
  • 2 T. Honey
  • 2 T. Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 t. smoked paprika
Instructions
  1. Empty the package of thawed raspberries in a medium saucepan. Add honey and balsamic vinegar and simmer over low for 15 minutes. About half way through cooking the raspberries, take a potato masher and gently smash the strawberries In the meantime, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place two salmon filets on a baking sheet and sprinkle with smoked paprika. Roast until flaky. About 15 minutes.
  2. Plate salmon and spoon some of the raspberry sauce over the filets.

Raspberry Sauce for Salmon, it’s what’s for Salmon Saturday.

Comments

At least you’re honest! I just looooove this salmon dish at martinis bistro in longmont. It’s called the Alaskan Caper. It consists of salmon over linguini w capers lemon citron vodka sauce. I think there’s tomatoes in it too? It’s amazing. It’s fun to match a witty name to the dish too.

I’m with Jamie, at least you are honest about the recipe. I’m thinking the raspberry sauce would have been too sweet for me. I could make a meal in the summer out of corn and tomatoes, so I certainly would not have gone away hungry :)

Sometimes that happens, doesn’t it? Even the best-intentioned meals might not taste how you plan but you have had so many other great salmon dishes at your house that one that missed slightly is no problem. I continue to be impressed with the variations of salmon recipes that you share!

The more you cook, odds are something mediocre is going to hit the plate sooner or later. Goodness knows we’ve had our share around here. Thank goodness for delicious, fresh sides.

You never know til you try but I will say it does look good. Leave to fresh sweet corn and home grown maters to save the day. We may have salmon tonight.

It looks good and I thought I had a good idea and a way to get rid of that package of frozen raspberries in the freezer. And I’m such a corn and tomato fan … meal was not lost.

I’m liking your corn and tomatoes meal. Just because it wasn’t to our liking doesn’t mean it wasn’t all that good. Always good to hear from you Karen.