No matter which shape you prefer, mixing pasta and fresh, seasonal vegetables makes for a healthy, delicious meal. For my Salmon Saturday dish, I chose delicate angel hair pasta to compliment fresh chopped tomatoes from my garden and sauteed sweet yellow bell pepper. I’ve been hoarding a few Vidalia onions for special dishes that welcome their subtle and mild sweetness. The sauce of white wine, lemon, paprika and capers complimented the chunks of grilled salmon and brought everything together for this easy and flavorful dinner.
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 small Vidalia onion, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thin sliced
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 T. capers, drained
- 1 T. paprika
- ¼ C. Chardonnay
- juice of ½ lemon
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta (1/2 small box)
- 1 small salmon filet, grilled
- Season salmon with salt and grill until flaky and done. Let sit at room temperature until ready to add.
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Add bell pepper and onion and saute until soft. Add chopped garlic and stir until fragrant. Add in tomato, chardonnay and lemon and cook on low until heated. Sprinkle in capers and paprika and keep warm.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta. Chunk the salmon. Add everything to the fry pan containing the sauce and vegetables and mix well. Serve immediately.
Angel Hair Pasta with Salmon and Paprika Wine Sauce…It’s What’s for Salmon Saturday.